Stingray 1/05/09

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stingray 1/05/09

Well set off at 9.30 this morning, wind blowing a right hoolie so could just stay close in.

Anyway myself and Dave still managed a fish hold of colding 2-4lb bracket...tried a few apots in the hope of a few bigger one sbut no joy, that wind was pushing us along at 1.5k most of the day...water still very clear after NE blow.

Anyway looks ok for the weekend but with that wind the drift will be quick.
    ................__................................ .............................
    ____[ ~ \_____
    [__On-A-Roll__/
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    P.B
    SKATE 204lb
    COD 51lb
    LING 32lb
    TOPE 40lb
    CONGER 25lb
    HADDOCK 10lb
    HALIBUT 37lb
    COALIE 16lb
    BLUE SHARK 55lb

I can't decide whether you had a good trip or a bad trip...

I'm guessing as you caught fish it was a success therefore well done
    Ooh a new vid!

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
    I AGREE

Comment

It was nice to fill the fish well but bit of a bummer the weather stopped us going in search of a few bigger ones.

Prob see you out there tomora, good luck to everyone wetting a line.
      ................__................................ .............................
      ____[ ~ \_____
      [__On-A-Roll__/
      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
      P.B
      SKATE 204lb
      COD 51lb
      LING 32lb
      TOPE 40lb
      CONGER 25lb
      HADDOCK 10lb
      HALIBUT 37lb
      COALIE 16lb
      BLUE SHARK 55lb

Comment

nice one rich looks like it is just starting. I am out on Wildcard at Whitby tomorrow so fingers crossed and will post report later tomorrow - off to bed now as need to be in whitby by 5:30.

jason
        give a man a fish and feed him for a day - teach the man to fish and feed him for life!!!!

Comment

Weather looking ok for you Jason, picked a nice day..just 2 of us out Sat but if its flat will try a few far off wrecks, not sure how the charters got on today but could not see either of them from the R.Q when i down there in the morning so guessed they at sea.
          ____[ ~ \_____
          [__On-A-Roll__/
          ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
          P.B
          SKATE 204lb
          COD 51lb
          LING 32lb
          TOPE 40lb
          CONGER 25lb
          HADDOCK 10lb
          HALIBUT 37lb
          COALIE 16lb
          BLUE SHARK 55lb

Comment

Thanks for the day out Richy.

To answer Wallsendo's question is was a good day out...we were fishing not working ...and we caught fish. Nothing huge but fish never the less.

it would have been nice if the weather had been a bit kinder in terms of the wind.

When we first got out we chose a mark not far from the Tyne which produced two fish on the first drift...a run back round and we had another. This carried on untill we had had seven in about 45 mins. Then the tide turned and went with the wind which also shifted southerly and picked up to breezy! The combination doubled the drift speed and stopped the catching.

So there started the run around trying to find a combination of fish and shelter...all to no avail, and when the rain started at 3pm it was decided to call it a draw.

Hope you have better luck today richy, it was certainly enjoyable to experience fishing at a more sedate pace with the extra comfort thrown in , a refreshing change from coming home battered and bruised that happens with the speed freak nutter who normally pilots the boat I fish from

Cheers
            dave
            Save our Sharks Member
            SACN NE Regional Co-Ordinator
            NSFC RSA representative

Comment

Canny day today as well, cracking weather and bagged up on codling, 2 a drift for long periods of time.

Got a nice sun tann and for the 1st time this year had my fill in the huld after about 2hrs so the rest went back..all cod. Water fantasic well out, very very clear...about 9miles.

Tried for the old mackerel but nothing yet, nothing on pirks yet but the bait did well from most marks today.
              ____[ ~ \_____
              [__On-A-Roll__/
              ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
              P.B
              SKATE 204lb
              COD 51lb
              LING 32lb
              TOPE 40lb
              CONGER 25lb
              HADDOCK 10lb
              HALIBUT 37lb
              COALIE 16lb
              BLUE SHARK 55lb

Comment

Aye Rich tried for the mackerel as well but just a tad too early I think .....
                Great sea out there today ....

Norm
                ]` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` )
                . . ,,,,,,___[ ~ \___
                ,,;;`` [_________/-,......... Norman......... http://slinkykate.com/

Comment

Yer it was, i blasted straight out today and hit a few far off int he hope of mackerel and the bonus cod/ling of course..nice day all around...need to make more leads now..lots all but 1 lol
                  ____[ ~ \_____
                  [__On-A-Roll__/
                  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
                  P.B
                  SKATE 204lb
                  COD 51lb
                  LING 32lb
                  TOPE 40lb
                  CONGER 25lb
                  HADDOCK 10lb
                  HALIBUT 37lb
                  COALIE 16lb