Fishing the Famous 30/4/09

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fishing the Famous 30/4/09

Out on the Famous today. Left at 0800 and headed towards Skinningrove. Fished until 1500 until the wind and tide stopped us from holding bottom. Fishing was not good, Only seven cod on board the biggest only 4lb, a few bleggs and two undersize ling. There were fourteen fishing today and tried all methods and all baits. The skipper was superb and tried all over the place for fish but to no avail.
    Hope the last two weeks out boating are not an indication to the season or it will be as bad as the winter on the beaches and piers.
    I think the north sea is about finished for cod.
    I blanked but still a good day out in the fresh air and a good bit crack with the lads.

Don,t know about stocks-think it may be conditions as well. I fished in a stocked reservoir last Tues and had a sh-te day.
    Personal best, 12.5lb Tope Scotland. 22/05/2012.

Comment

it will come - whitby has been fishing its tits off for a few weeks now. Give it a few weeks further north.
      give a man a fish and feed him for a day - teach the man to fish and feed him for life!!!!

Comment

hope your right Jason mate
        Ivan

Fishing is eternal optimism!!!

Comment

Dave's a good skipper and will have tried his best. There is a bit of 'May water' around inside at the moment so the water is murky. Something with a bit of bait on is the only hope.

Alan

Comment

Originally posted by wildcard View Post
            Dave's a good skipper and will have tried his best. There is a bit of 'May water' around inside at the moment so the water is murky. Something with a bit of bait on is the only hope.

Alan
            No problems with the skipper or the boat. I just dont think the fish are there !!!

Comment

Working...
            X