Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Volante catch report -New Years Day

Hi All.
    Managed to get away today, just Marty and myself as Jeff had to take care of his parents who had been in dock.
    Started off at one of our inshore marks which produced nothing, moved up to the inshore marks at Souter point and still nothing. Decided to go back to Sunderland and just sit on one of our bankers and wait for the fish to come to the boat. As usual we always have a good selection of baits, we decided to use only lugworm (Yellow Tails) at this mark.
    Right from the off it was steady away and ended up with 19 cod to 7lb, all the fish were really hammering the baits and was good sport on the uptiders.
    We just used Yellow tails all afternoon and it proved to be the bait , spoke to a couple of boats fishing the same area and reported they,d never had a bite.
    Going to give it a go tomorrow weather permitting, plenty of yellow tails left !!!!!!!!!.
    Sorry no photos today, press officer not on board.

Nice one Dave, good to see they`re there for those that know how ..... well done mate
    ]` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` )
    . . ,,,,,,___[ ~ \___
    ,,;;`` [_________/-,......... Norman......... http://slinkykate.com/

Comment

does that guy with the one leg still fish with you,the one that marty put the gas pipe in cheap for

Comment

Yer good to see a few fish in, glad you said Souter not fishing, was goignt o go there tomora for a try.

I went out and had 2hrs before xmas and tried a few inshore marks with nothing, on the drift mind.
        ................__................................ .............................
        ____[ ~ \_____
        [__On-A-Roll__/
        ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
        P.B
        SKATE 204lb
        COD 51lb
        LING 32lb
        TOPE 40lb
        CONGER 25lb
        HADDOCK 10lb
        HALIBUT 37lb
        COALIE 16lb
        BLUE SHARK 55lb

Comment

Well done Dave......nice to see you can manage without me despite your age. Who pulled the anchor if I wasn't there.....? You bought a hauler...?

Should be back up and running Sunday if weather holds out.

Must have been easy if Marti caught again.

Cheers,
          Jeff.

PS....How many idiots who you've never spoken to since last NYD try to shake your hand in the club last night....?

Comment

Working...
          X