Winter breakaways 05-10-2014 - Macer G

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winter breakaways 05-10-2014 - Macer G

Fished the breakaways comp run by the lads at the Beehive on Sunday and what a day! Biff our skipper took us about 6 mile off and we were straight into the cod. 3 drops per drift and 3 fish almost every time! Threw a few undersized ones back to live to fight another day but in total I landed an individual bag of about 33.5lb in 5 hours heaviest fish being about 3.5lb beaten only by Bert aka Tadpoleman who weighed in a pound more(probably that scotchy which was just a keeper)! In total the 5 anglers on board bagged over 100lb in weight! My arms, shoulder and ribs were aching plus a blistered finger off all that reeling in, it was literally none stop (in about 180ft of water) You can obviously tell I'm not a regular fisherman and not used to this but had a cracking day! Sorry no pics as the cod kept us too busy! Rippers done the trick for us. Thanks again to the lads on Macer G for having me onboard

Nice one Kenny, at least you'll get second pick of the bottles on presentation night .
    Cheers, Keith.

Comment

Hard lines on getting 2nd place, still a good day
      Out.

Comment

Nice one Ken looks like yous had a canny morning ! We didn't go off as far as yous did because of the forecast and we were the smallest and slowest boat in the comp We stayed in around the harbour entrance and estuary wrecks with bait, i tried to collect some fresh crab but there wasn't much about only found 4 little ones, the cod we had were a good stamp up to 5lb but there was a few dinky ones in amongst the catch that were returned to fight another day ,all of the fish fell to runny muscle and squid cocktails
        I think we had about 30 cod on the boat and ventured no further than 1/2 a mile off the piers , i must say that when i spoke to Browny mid morning and he told me the fish yous were getting i though i didn't stand a chance !and was very supprised when i found that i had the heaviest catch !!!!! it just goes to show sometimes quality is better than quantity ! well done on 2nd place you beat a lot of good anglers and should take credit
        Cheers Bert

Comment

Working...
        X