Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunderland Sunday 28 September

xxxxxxx
    Last edited by Guest; 09-02-2015, 11:07 PM.

Nice report, you always get the ling!

Sorry I couldn't join you. You couldn't have gotten nicer sea conditions to cast off into...

Last edited by Jimbob; 29-09-2014, 12:38 PM.
    PB Boat Ling 24lb
    PB Cod Boat 17lb
    PB Cod Shore 11lb
    PB Boat Pollack 9.5lb
    PB Mackies 1,000,000

Comment

Cant believe how big and fat we look...or shall I say how little the boat looks

re:ling

I am a particular fan of ling and actually think they are the most underrated fish ever!
      I specifically target them in summer, that is why my Ling/cod ratio is usually at least 3:1

To me they are ferocious predators and absolutely tremendous to eat and catch.

I have no idea why anglers rate cod higher than ling. To me a cod is easier to catch and there are more around, well inshore and almost all year , whereas the ling is well offshore, mostly on wrecks and only catchable May til November really.

The cod are smelly and empty their bowels all over the boat (and its very smelly)...

A ling fillet is lovely even and tasty whereas the cod is flakey and wobbly.

Last and not least...the cod is all head. Catch a 10lb cod and you get 3-4lb fillets out, the rest is head, bones and guts...whilst a 10lb ling gives you 6-7 lb meat (in end summer when they are fat)

Not that I mind catching or eating cod, but I prefer ling all day long

Comment

Pleased you got everything sorted and got out. It has been a strange year for makerel, there seems to be more around now than mid summer. Well done on getting fish........and no, yous don't look thaaaaaat fat
        P.B. Cod 30lb-11ozs Balcary.

Comment

Well done finding the bigger fish. You’ll have to teach my crew to fillet if you can get that much meat off a ling.

Comment

Working...
          X