Friday 28 November out of Amble.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friday 28 November out of Amble.

Hi all, I am new to posting (as well as boating) so hope this all goes well.
    I have waited for several weeks for the weather to be kind enough to allow me to get out and wet the line. Had an early start today, glorious weather, good conditions but alas, no fish whatsoever. Went south to Creswell, North to Alnmouth, inshore and offshore but absolutely nothing.
    One point of note was the number of seals which continuously surfaced near the boat. I have been out with others several times from Amble but never seen as many before. Maybe this has some effect on the fishing ?
    Any advice on where to fish would be gratefully appreciated in anticipation of another chance to get out soon. Cheers......................

hello Mick

to be honest amble does tend to get quiet this time of year ,probably best to stick to the island or druridge bay with plenty of bait or try flattie bashing at anchor in the alnmouth bay.

Ron

Comment

Morning,

As Ron said Mick the fishing tends to be pants from now until April or at least that is what we have found, generally the water will be filthy and the fishing poor. Usually the fish show south first around april in the Creswell/ Hadston area or at least that is what we have found in our limited time out of Amble. Even then the water will normally not be totally clear and normally you need good bait over the hard ground.
      On the seal front we had a day off earlier this year, we started at the North end of the Island fishing the peak and had a few fish, there were plenty of seals around though. I hit into another fish and had it halfway up, it felt like a good fish but nothing huge when my rod hooped over and line was stripped from the reel. I managed to hold on for about a minute and micky started the boat and put her astern to follow whatever was on the end but the braid parted, I am pretty sure this was a seal, hell of a fight though, nothing has ever taken line
      like that from me before! Good Luck

Graham.

Comment

ive found the best time to fish amble this time of year or in winter is to go out after sea has died off and fish at anchor with big baits i done well last year and you dont have to go far off . i know of one potter that drops nets straight after a sea and he usually does well

Comment

Fishing out of amble

Thanks for all of your advice which I will certainly take on board (excuse the pun). Looking forward to my next trip out, weather permitting and putting your advice to use. cheers.............Mick1211

Comment

boat trip 29th nov

went out on boat sat st marys first no fish then shields pier no fish tried inside pier nothing there headed back in thought we might of had a few whitting but not to be

Comment

You based at the royal Quays?

I seen a small boat with 3 lads on leaving the mariner and had hoped to catch them on the way back in as i was down all day doing work on the boat but well into darkness still no sign of them. Shame wantesd to know if they had caught anything as i was interested in given it a bash sometime.
              ................__................................ .............................
              ____[ ~ \_____
              [__On-A-Roll__/
              ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
              P.B
              SKATE 204lb
              COD 51lb
              LING 32lb
              TOPE 40lb
              CONGER 25lb
              HADDOCK 10lb
              HALIBUT 37lb
              COALIE 16lb
              BLUE SHARK 55lb

Comment

28 nov boat trip

i am based at corporation quay only saw another three boats out i no one of them didnt caught any thing either try and get out again this week hopefully

Comment

Working...
                X