flamborough kayak comp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• flamborough kayak comp

one of the best comps of the year for me , always good company and a great laugh

i decided that i was going to put a little bit more effort in this year, my plan was not to go to the head but to stay and wait it out hoping for a decent ray around the bay
    i got the bait on saturday ready for the comp ,fresh lug from brid as we had brought some squid , mussell and frozen blacks from home that ian had brought up with him
    was up nice and early for the comp but still didnt get down to south landing till 9
    decided that i would fish from the abaco 420 and listened to the safety briefing then all the kayaks launched and headed in all directions

me and ian headed out towards smythicks bouy and anchored up , still wondering if we should have gone to the head ,we settled down and started fishing one rod down with a full squid on a 6/0 pennel rig for the rays and the other with a wishbone rig and 1/0 hooks for the flatties
    once the tide changed we started getting some bites
    first up was a greedy dab took both hooks on the wishbone rig

had a few more dabs and then got a bite on the ray rod and struck into what seemed like a nice fish , after a decent fight got it to the top and saw it was a nice size and should put me in the prizes

didnt have much after that got plagued with crabs ,this one even swallowed the hook

called it a day about 3 and headed in and back to the campsite for the weigh in

saw marks fish and saw that it was going to be pretty close
    mine weighing 9lb 4 with marks going 9lb 3 dont think you could get it any closer
    also with the flattie comp there was even less in it with me and mark both with the same weight and tying for first place

for my efforts i ended up first place ,got the flamborough comp trophy and a nice emmotion kayak and tronix bait bag

even managed to get it home without loosing it off the roof rack

i want to thank everybody for all the time and effort that is put in to making this a great meet some excellent prizes and a great raffle
    Thanks to Al and michelle
    a few more photos of the day

jeff
    http://www.kayakfishingshack.co.uk/[B]

great report mate and some nice fish, well done on winning the comp.

mick

Comment

Good read and report, great pics too. We'll done on your win, and hard lines to your mate.
      P.B. Cod 30lb-11ozs Balcary.

Comment

Good report and nice pics, well done on winning the comp.

Comment

Great read mate, very well done on your result

Comment

Well done Jeff, great report and pics. Looks like I missed out on a fab day there. Especially fab when you end up the winner of a kayak. Here's hoping I catch up with you on the water sometime in the near future.

Regards

Trevor
            PB 8 1/2lb Cod...Roker

Comment

Working...
            X