Punta Cana, Dominican Republic 21/08/14

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Punta Cana, Dominican Republic 21/08/14

Me and the Missus were down on holiday to attend a good friends wedding and the guy by the pool kept asking if we wanted to go on a fishing trip, snorkelling tripetc. I asked another couple of lads that were at the wedding as well and we managed to barter the price down a fair whack for a half day trolling for Marlin and Mahie Mahie with maybe a barracuda a possibility.
    We arrived at the beach off Bovaro and we're ran out to the boat on a small tender.

The boat was a lovely vessel and we were accompanied by two French anglers.

We threaded our way out through the reef and the two crew men got about preparing the baits.

Big gear all in expectation of a Marlin! Once out two rods were rigged using the outriggers, two more from each quarter and one by the skipper from the flying bridge. It was all new territory for me and we drew lots as to who took the fighting chair on the hook ups.

I ended up in fourth place but at least I wasn't last of five!
    The water was littered with a load of surface weed which was keeping the crewmen busy! The skipper was always in the lookout for bird/surface activity and it wasn't long before we were into the fish.

Just Mahie Mahie for me with no marlin this time but fingers crossed they will come next time! I was well impressed with the acrobatic aerial display when the fish hit. We had a load of other fish smashing the baits and coming off leaving a destroyed hook bait.

The trip was further enhanced with a few beers and some local rum and coke! I was well oiled by the time we got to port. A fantastic mornings fishing which I can't wait to have another go at! All the drinks were in with the bartered price! Another huge pluses point was the attitude of the crew to litter. No a single bit went over the side and was all carefully stowed and taken ashore.

Cheers,

Graham.

Brings back a lot of memories there mate.
    Nice report and some lovely pics
    Well done

Comment

Working...
    X