Kayaking outside of Roker Pier

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kayaking outside of Roker Pier

Started from the bay on such a lovely morning at 9:20am sun in the sky no to little wind, but big swells coming in, the two of us head just outside the piers anchored down for a bit not a sniff so up rooted and head to a nice little spot i got marked for our next outing,after being sick 3 times lol we tryed lures, big jigs and we nearly had one massive lobster bit it let go on lift out of water gutted. we changed over to fresh peeler and it was bite after bite few small ones tossed back caught one big eel must have hooked it fin or some-it as when lifted it wrapped round the line then some how just dropped of ?
    Any way we did get some good bites and i got a nice 3.6lb cod my PB for my kayak and used the new reel i bought from Bassfantastic i tell you what that reel and my yuki ruby were mint today, jeff got a nice 2lb cod and missed out on the lobster.
    Enjoy Pics
    Attached Files

few more pics
    my new kayak
    Attached Files

Comment

Finally mick you certainly put the time in, well done mate

Comment

purrrfect day on the yak by the look of the sea, well done on the PB. keep the reports coming mick, not enough reports good or bad from anybody.
        fare weather and small swells.
        bryan.

Comment

Good report! Nice photos too. Looks like off Blyth, but it probably isn't!
          2016 - Cod, Dab, Dogfish, Gurnard, Ling, Mackerel, Saithe, Scorpian fish. .

Comment

sorry forgot to add nice to meet the other kayakers who went out passed us and the guy going out own when we came in.
            oo the sea had me today with in 30 mins and the big swells well that was me gone sick after sick till it died off a bit. i think the cod i got took mind of it as was ok after that.

lovely roker Kayos

cheers Pighunter i do try

Comment

Originally posted by CosmicCat View Post
              sorry forgot to add nice to meet the other kayakers who went out passed us and the guy going out own when we came in.
              oo the sea had me today with in 30 mins and the big swells well that was me gone sick after sick till it died off a bit. i think the cod i got took mind of it as was ok after that.

lovely roker Kayos

cheers Pighunter i do try
              Haha, the title should have given me a clue. Duh!
              2016 - Cod, Dab, Dogfish, Gurnard, Ling, Mackerel, Saithe, Scorpian fish. .

Comment

Nice trip out and good to see a positive catch report!
                Best shore catch 2016 - 7.5lb cod, Seaton Carew!
                CS RNLI representative – www.rnli.org

Comment

Looked like a canny trip out, I wish I had been there but sometimes work ruins play. I am hoping for a spell on the water tomorrow if the wind allows!
                  PS I like the look of your inflatable. Where did you get it?
                  PB 8 1/2lb Cod...Roker

Comment

got it from south shields camping and caravan cost £300 just for the yak then had to buy paddles, wet suit buoyancy aid ect.
                    i also have made a hard 5mm plastic floor for front so i can stand up knee on it bash fish on or even drop hooks on it. only pain is cleaning it every time i go home but what costs money needs looking after.
                    it glides on the water and is very fast moving can even beat the plastic one jeff has when he has his motor on but i slow down after 4 mins
                    Last edited by CosmicCat; 25-08-2014, 07:14 PM.

Comment

It was me that was going out in the red yak, tried outside the piers but a bit lumpy for me being out on my own, tried inside the piers but gog nothing.

Comment

good report and picture looks great to be out in a yak.
                        if I was just 30 years younger would have one but at 68 think I am passed it .
                        any reports on how the repairs are going on the pier
                        consett warlord retired

Comment

68 is not old you just have to paddle slow,or use a motor like jeff
                          we are out on sunday if fancy joining us Robbie, forcast is flat to 1 swell and weather is overcast but no rain only thing is wind have to watch out for.
                          if its to windy will be south pier in between the piers where i caught the big snake (eel)
                          Last edited by CosmicCat; 29-08-2014, 07:08 PM.

Comment

was thinking of pulling up next to it Dale and jumping on for a look never seen any divers in water yet doing any repairs but will try have a look on sunday

Comment

thanks mick been going to have a look down myself as nowt has been on nesa about the pier sunderland lads always get the info and pass it on. yes 68 m8 but the old back problem would kick in trying to paddle a yak, takes me all my time to walk some days but when you are an old fart things go wrong with the old body .
                              just have to stick to dry land
                              consett warlord retired

Comment

Working...
                              X