stingray 20th Sep

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stingray 20th Sep

went with Rich yesterday on his arvor. Due to the very good forcast we decided to try some new wrecks. Tried everymethod going but despite the sounder showing fish on the wrecks were unable to tempt more than 2 ling one around 6lb for rich and one of 9.5lb for me. A hard day but most enjoyable - talking to others in the lock etc they all seemed to struggle yesterday. Found the mackeral out past the 4 mile mark and the water was pretty mucky up until this point.

thanks rich for a great day unfortunately you forgot to invite mr fish.LOL

jason
    give a man a fish and feed him for a day - teach the man to fish and feed him for life!!!!

we were out yesterday too, did much the same thing , nice flat seas so off to plot a couple of new wrecks , nothing much in the way of fish but we enjoyed our 12 hours out at sea .
    We did find one new wreck which looks really promising , I'm starting to build up a few choices in my plotter , soon I'll be able to head out with a reasonable idea of where I'm going instead of through the piers and then wondering which way to go lol.
    On the way back in we passed a huge gang? flock? crowd? what's the name for lots of seals? , anyway there must have been 100 or more seals and some dolphins too , all in one small area of sea with gannets and other seagulls flocking above them , they were obviously into more fish than we had seen all day , but what were they feeding on?

Ray

Comment

Yer it was much of the same today a few ling upto 7lb and that was about it other than whiting and mackerel etc.

Today marked the last wrecking trip day for myself of 2008, rough ground time now.
      ................__................................ .............................
      ____[ ~ \_____
      [__On-A-Roll__/
      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
      P.B
      SKATE 204lb
      COD 51lb
      LING 32lb
      TOPE 40lb
      CONGER 25lb
      HADDOCK 10lb
      HALIBUT 37lb
      COALIE 16lb
      BLUE SHARK 55lb

Comment

well done lads.
        Feel free to take a look at my blog.

http://edds-fishingtales.blogspot.com/

Cheers eddie t

Comment

Cheers for the trip Ritchie ,hey you gave it your all but the fishies just didn't want any of it .
          You can take the lad out of Walker but .......

Comment

Working...
          X