Slinky Kate in the dark ......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slinky Kate in the dark ......

With a troublsome tide time today (High at 3.30 am and a fairly big tide) we decided to get the best we could of the falling tide so set out at 5.00am ...................... goodness , with no moon and with a fair amount of cloud cover it was quite dark .....

Made our way towards the piers and out on the open sea by 5.30am .... still very dark. However GPS and Sonar work just as well in the dark so it wasn`t long before we got to our first mark, mark "C.O.D.". Even in the dark it didn`t dissapoint and we were into fish within minutes... not a lot just the four but it was still good to hit fish in darkness.

As the light came up (the cloud stayed) and the tide went down the fishing dropped off so we headed out to 3 mile wrecks.

Met up with Captain keith and deckhand jason on Shady ... LOL berts away.

The rest of the day was wreck and a fish , next wreck and a fish etc etc.
    Fairly hard going all the day but just goes to show it`s not always easy, I feel we earned the fish we caught today as we had to go and search, be patient, try different lures, different baits.

All in all we ended up with a canny box of fish with 7 cod (I think) to 6lbs a small ling (put several ling back today to grow bigger), and, best of all a specimine and first boat caught pollack for Tony weighing in at 5.5 lbds.

Loads of whiting still and several double header scotchies for Steve (oh and he did catch the most cod as well I believe) as ever lads cheers for the company , brilliant as ever ..........

just a few oics of the day

Steve within minutes (and its still dark) with the first fish .... a steve fish I mean a scotchie

Then just to show he can do it with codling a couple for us again before light .......

and the fish of the day a nice 5.5lbd pollack for Tony

]` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` )
    . . ,,,,,,___[ ~ \___
    ,,;;`` [_________/-,......... Norman......... http://slinkykate.com/

Well done lads!! crackin pollack that Tony, bet it gave a canny scrap!!.

As ever, Cheers for the Brekkie Norman, think I could of managed a brandy or two this morning, had been awake all night panicking about the things Bert just get's on with.

You got the roles mixed up Norman, it was Capt. Jason & Deckhand Keith I just couldn't get the hang of the steering and was zig zagging all over the place, But Jason managed very well
    Cheers, Keith.

Comment

Hard graft fishing today...tried every trick in the book:
      • Gay Pirks
      • Straight Pirks
      • Coloured Feathers
      • White Feathers
      • RoyDs (when I could the b*ggers unravelled)
      • Hokkais
      • Muppets

...eventually caught that Pollack on a flowing trace ...slowly slowly catch the monkey as they say (although I've never actually heard they say it)

Aye Keith it was a nice scrap...felt at least twice the size it actually was - thought I was on for another doubler ...couple that with the added tension caused by using a barbless hook

Days like this keep you honest - after all, and the lads will agree, it's been a very good season

Cheers as ever Norman, Steve - the craic is always good even when the fishing is hard
      Ooh a new vid!

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
      I AGREE

Comment

welldone lads great session out and a nice pollock tony
        Panel Pin Champ

Comment

Yes a hard but great day , as already mentioned everything was tried today ,I even went as far as a large cuttlefish lure just for kicks as well as the usual stuff .

Norman put us on the wrecks perfectly as ever and Tony kept us going with fresh bait ..... my part in the team mainly circled around bad jokes so I'm told , oh and keeping the scotchies occupied .

Great to see Keith and Jason out there as well ,the brekkie handover went without a hitch ...... God we're good
          You can take the lad out of Walker but .......

Comment

Great report,fish and pictures,well done lads.

Comment

well done all and nice pollock tony mate

Comment

well done lads nice fish cracking pollock
                CHEERS BASSWRASSE 2 www.Anglingtalknortheast.forumup.com

Comment

Working...
                X