Nefin 29/08/08

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nefin 29/08/08

Headed off South again today. The weather was great to say the least and the fishing good as well. The lures were working a lot better today rather than the flowing traces due to the water being clear for the first time for ages!
    We started off at the south of the Island for a few mackerel before heading further South. For the first time this year the mackerel were where they are supposed to be. I think the amount of fresh water coming down the Coquet has kept them way off.
    After the mackerel it was off south. There were a lot more small ling around today. Getting through the mackerel was the problem today! They were hitting anything on the way down, once Darren had three efforts to get to the bootom before he managed it.

Managed another species for this year, an Octopus as well. Great day and a good catch.I hope no-one is eating when reading this post but it was the first good weather day we have had off since May!

Graham.

cracking report mate the fish win hands down. lol
    Feel free to take a look at my blog.

http://edds-fishingtales.blogspot.com/

Cheers eddie t

Comment

Nice on mate. Were you fishing cresswell or Hadston Ive never tried further south yet. My last fishing spot was about a mile north of the island always seems to produce.

George

Comment

Hiya George,

We were at Hadston, creswell takes about 50 minutes in our little boat so it has got to be a full day of it, we have done well the times we have been down this season. If you try all over the Northern Hills you normally find the fish.
        Is it Chesimore you are fishing North of the island? We normally do ok there but have found the fish tend to be a bit smaller than at Hadston and Creswell. We have only tried North once this year and found it patchy off boulmer and alnmouth. We still don't know many marks up that way. If you turn south you can try the south end of the island, hauxley head and the northen hills so we feel it gives you a better chance of hitting the fish. Good Fishing,
        Graham.

Comment

Check your pms Graham

Comment

Working...
          X