Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stingray catch report...out done by the best :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stingray catch report...out done by the best :)

Well after the family trip out fishing last week for the 1st time fishing on the sand banks i have been getting the words COD and when we getting some all week.

So i finished work at 1pm today and picked my Mam and Dad up and set off fishing. First stop the yellow can at St Marrys, not a great deal doing, odd codling upto 3lb and loads of steve fish and mackerel....so with abit of talking into off further we went in search of some good sized fish.

Well i was banging them in just about every drop on the 1st mark, then call from my Dad think i am into something big...up comes two ncie cod 3lb and 7lb then 10seconds later my mam using a light rod and a spinning reel says what shall i do? i turn around and see the rod bent double as the tip is bouncing all over....reel in reel in dont give it any slack was the cry...after about 5mins of winding in up came her 1st cod ever and what a cod of 10lb 2oz..beat my best of the day a meer 4lb lol

So finished the day with loads of cod between 3lb and 10lb a few Steve fish, mackerel and 2 weavers.

Bottom line.......Mam caught a bigger fish than me and my Dad caught more lol have to stop lending them my rods

I will put the 3 pics up that we took when my Dad emails me them.

Still we all had over 8 good fish each by the end of the day

P.S nice to see you out with Angel Eyes, many more trips out i hope for you mate and well done on the 6lers you caught, i never got much of any size on that mark.
    ................__................................ .............................
    ____[ ~ \_____
    [__On-A-Roll__/
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    P.B
    SKATE 204lb
    COD 51lb
    LING 32lb
    TOPE 40lb
    CONGER 25lb
    HADDOCK 10lb
    HALIBUT 37lb
    COALIE 16lb
    BLUE SHARK 55lb

Nice one Richie., Sounds like the Rolls are on an.......erm.....ROLL!!!
    Cheers, Keith.

Comment

Originally posted by KeithB View Post
      Nice one Richie., Sounds like the Rolls are on an.......erm.....ROLL!!!

Nice one - big well done to your Mum
      Ooh a new vid!

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
      I AGREE

Comment

well done to ya mam mate top report nice one.
        Feel free to take a look at my blog.

http://edds-fishingtales.blogspot.com/

Cheers eddie t

Comment

2 pics of my Dads double head of cod 1st of many and my Mmas 1st ever cod of 10lb 2oz
          Attached Files
          ................__................................ .............................
          ____[ ~ \_____
          [__On-A-Roll__/
          ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
          P.B
          SKATE 204lb
          COD 51lb
          LING 32lb
          TOPE 40lb
          CONGER 25lb
          HADDOCK 10lb
          HALIBUT 37lb
          COALIE 16lb
          BLUE SHARK 55lb

Comment

Nice pics Ritchie...and well done to your mam for catching that superb fish, bet you'll never hear the end of it though

Comment

cracking pics mate well done to the both of them.
              Feel free to take a look at my blog.

http://edds-fishingtales.blogspot.com/

Cheers eddie t

Comment

Richy, could you please tell your mam I'm fifty in December and been fishing since i was a boy and still never had a double figure cod

...and I'm very jealous
                Regards, Graham

Comment

Well we caught alot but my biggest was only 6lb today lol, dad did well for them for 1st fishing trip ever.

The pics of the cod dont do it credit, it was well mark with a red and brown markings as well as having a plump body, when gutted they all had lobsters in the gutt and the big 1 had a stone about the size of a ping pong ball!!!

Bloody weavers mind, 2 today 1st time i have ever caught them
                  ____[ ~ \_____
                  [__On-A-Roll__/
                  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
                  P.B
                  SKATE 204lb
                  COD 51lb
                  LING 32lb
                  TOPE 40lb
                  CONGER 25lb
                  HADDOCK 10lb
                  HALIBUT 37lb
                  COALIE 16lb
                  BLUE SHARK 55lb

Comment

nice one rich and well done mr and mrs roll

can not believe first cod a double and i can not get past 9lb12oz.

well done a cracker.

jason
                    give a man a fish and feed him for a day - teach the man to fish and feed him for life!!!!

Comment

well done!! after a good 20yrs fishing my pb cod is still only 8.5lb!! must have been a bad day when i went out! if theres space next time give me a shout lol!

Comment

Yer no bother insano, i took a gamble last time and it never paid off, not all the wrecks are there or alot just dont fish, next time we will find the fish in better numbers
                        ____[ ~ \_____
                        [__On-A-Roll__/
                        ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
                        P.B
                        SKATE 204lb
                        COD 51lb
                        LING 32lb
                        TOPE 40lb
                        CONGER 25lb
                        HADDOCK 10lb
                        HALIBUT 37lb
                        COALIE 16lb