Famous - August 7th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Famous - August 7th

Just a quick post as it's absolutely dead from a report perspective, thought I'd post to try and get things moving!

Got out on famous on Thursday into a slightly choppy sea that settled into a nice smooth with a bit of sun, I even managed to get a red face.

Anyway, fishing was canny with all methods catching. The crewman fished a joey style shad to devastating effect whilst the rest of us mixed it up with daylights, rippers, hockais ect, baited and unbaited. I took took 10 cod from 3 to 4lbs mainly on prawn which they seemed to love, some decent ling came on too, all below 10lb though.

As always some did well whilst some caught little. Just shows they are there if you know what to do.

No pics as you all know what a small cod looks like lol

let's get some more reports on lads, they all help, good or bad!

Can't beat the rippers and prawn looks like a canny day we were 37 mile off on Tuesday and never got what you did but that's fishing. Nice ride out tho.

Comment

That's a good steam ships cat. I'm guessing you shot for the graveyard?

Comment

Twice av been out now mate it's not playing the game out there better days sport on the ground

Comment

Originally posted by ships cat View Post
          Twice av been out now mate it's not playing the game out there better days sport on the ground
          agree

been to the Grave Yard in June on a charter and it was the quietest day of fishing in 2014.

every trip to the ground and every trip on my boat was at least triple the amount and quadruple the average size pp than on that overrated fishing myth ...oh forgot to mention...also for a tenth of the costs pp

Comment

let's get some more reports on lads, they all help, good or bad![/QUOTE]

Nice day

Sorry just lost the interest in sitting doing reports now...we did canny yesterday cod n ling upto 10lb 2oz taken fish off every mark but wind spoiled it in the afternoon.
            ................__................................ .............................
            ____[ ~ \_____
            [__On-A-Roll__/
            ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
            P.B
            SKATE 204lb
            COD 51lb
            LING 32lb
            TOPE 40lb
            CONGER 25lb
            HADDOCK 10lb
            HALIBUT 37lb
            COALIE 16lb