Stingray catch report 4/8/08

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stingray catch report 4/8/08

Well set off at 7.30am this morning with Jason as crew....

Hard going all day witht he fish just not feeding and the drift fast most times but between myself and Jason we managed 18 cod and ling best about 8lb, along with the normal, mackerel,whiting and Steves fish.

Fantastic flat sea today, smooth would be the call and the sun was hot with no wind, great day to be at sea, just hope the wrecks produce alittle better.

Anywya i left my cam on the boat with the pics of today on so sorry Jason wont be posting until next time out, maybe thur.

Good day and hope to have many more.
    ................__................................ .............................
    ____[ ~ \_____
    [__On-A-Roll__/
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    P.B
    SKATE 204lb
    COD 51lb
    LING 32lb
    TOPE 40lb
    CONGER 25lb
    HADDOCK 10lb
    HALIBUT 37lb
    COALIE 16lb
    BLUE SHARK 55lb

Well done mate,great report.

Comment

how come everyone is catching all these cod except moi?

Comment

Next trip insano next trip, if thur weather looks ok and no family buisness on then i have my eye on 4 wrecks well off shore that produced in the past.
        ................__................................ .............................
        ____[ ~ \_____
        [__On-A-Roll__/
        ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
        P.B
        SKATE 204lb
        COD 51lb
        LING 32lb
        TOPE 40lb
        CONGER 25lb
        HADDOCK 10lb
        HALIBUT 37lb
        COALIE 16lb
        BLUE SHARK 55lb

Comment

well done mate.
          Rod building.................

Comment

welldone again mate some more good fish great catching
            Panel Pin Champ

Comment

well done mate good report
              is it ment to be calm on tuesday ?
              if so were taking our new boat out around dinner time

Comment

Light winds but from the east, i think you should be ok for Tue/Wed but thur looks the next time it maybe really nice.

Like i said i have my eye on some far off wrecks but need the weather, already burnt £65 of fuel this week mapping wrecks out lol.
                ____[ ~ \_____
                [__On-A-Roll__/
                ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
                P.B
                SKATE 204lb
                COD 51lb
                LING 32lb
                TOPE 40lb
                CONGER 25lb
                HADDOCK 10lb
                HALIBUT 37lb
                COALIE 16lb
                BLUE SHARK 55lb

Comment

rich

thanks for the great day the weather gods shone on us unfortunatley the fish pixies were missing the point. Had a count of lost gear when i got in an the tally was 4 pirks, 10 sidewinder shads, various bait rigs etc and 16 leads - no wonder the bag was a bit lighter on the way off the boat.

regards
                  jason
                  give a man a fish and feed him for a day - teach the man to fish and feed him for life!!!!

Comment

Not counting your sarnies Jason !!!

Great day out chaps ...just wait till the weekend weather demons wake up about Thursday time to spoil it for us week workers !!!!!!
                    Cheers Bert

Comment

Nice one lads!

Jason, I lost a similar amount of gear on saturday, nightmare!!!
                      Cheers, Keith.

Comment

Excellent lads like Bert says the forecast looks sh...rubbish
                        Ooh a new vid!

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
                        I AGREE

Comment

Aye keith,and you lost a rag as well .............

just to explain, scott got caught up whilst fishing close to shady ...... ends up him and keith on shady in a tangle so keith pulled in his end and untangled the lines waving to scott as he dropped his gear back down.

no problem there .............

bert then sailed over as keith asked us what bait we were using ...........
                          again no problem there all totally normal ......... except one thing "Scott had gone quiet, now thats unusual" ....... seems he wasn`t letting on that he was pulling in what he thought was a monster fish...

Only to find out he was using rag for bait, keiths hand rag along with a few fillets of mackerel and anything else to lend weight that keith could put on . ..... how to keep scott quiet ........ pull his line

nice one keith ....
                          ]` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` )
                          . . ,,,,,,___[ ~ \___
                          ,,;;`` [_________/-,......... Norman......... http://slinkykate.com/

Comment

aye they sure got me lol pay back will bite them on the arse lol

Comment

If nothing else, we always have a good laugh!!!

On Sunday, Kyle was laughing when I got splashed trying to fill a bucket with the boat moving, I thought I'll teach him, swung the bucket full of water towards him only intending to splash his oil skins, must of mis-calculated and ended up soakening him and the sarnie he was eating - Sorry Kidda!!!! Nowt to do with the fact I'd caught nowt (AGAIN) and was feeling a slight Daimien Duff coming on!!! HONEST!!!!
                              Cheers, Keith.

Comment

Working...
                              X