Slinkys` New crew :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slinkys` New crew :)

LOL no not new crew just my new standins since my original crew have decided to do a bunk this weekend and go off on their seperate travel doing all kinds of unimportant things like HOLIDAYS AND STAG DOS ....
    Only kidding lads, hope yous enjoy it .........

So as stand ins today I had the enjoyable company of Scott and Gregg (better known here as cocmonkey19K and greggthe1).

Damn early tide this morning with high being at 4.30am so decided on a 4.00 am start (still a bit behind bert,keith and kyle). Not been out for a couple of weeks and was surprised at 4.00am just how dark it still was.

Still, out of the Marina for about 4.30 and off to the piers ............ with ear to ear smiles from scott and gregg who`d been fed such stories of fish bags over the past few days ....
    Seas were a bit swelly with a strong south to south west wind but no problems so headed out straight to the first regular 4 mile wreck.
    Well nothing on it at all, not even mackerel but there again it was still water at high tide and there wasn`t any light yet.

Moved another mile or so and met up with shady and crew for breakfast, now, this was better action almost immediatly with first codling of the day to myself at a mere 2lbd or so. Then came in a number of species would you believe it gregg has almost mirrowed Sixfoot steve in the persuit of scotchies , in fact (and its pictured) he may possibly have a stake on a bigger specimen than steve. Then gregg started on the whiting brining in double headers of whiting and scotchies totalling sometimes 1/2 pound !
    Whilst Gregg dug into the specimen hunt Scott and I got on with the serious business of catching cod, with Scott shortly after catching a PB with a cod of 6.5lbd.
    I managed a pollack of about 6lbd and then a monster cod of a little over 10lbd.
    Not to be out done gregg did help to fill the boxes with codling along with an absolute belter that may even have challenged scotts 6.5lbd only to loose it on a hasty lift at the rear of the boat (of course they`re always bigger after you loose them lol )
    All day fish seemed to be caught with many returned especially smallish ling (and some cod to 6.5 lbd as well)

Loads of scotchies , loads of whiting, tons of mackerel and thanks lads, loads of fun.

scott ..... I hope todays helped you settle into your own boat and realise that there are plenty fish out there, you just have to be in the right place at the right time ..........
    gregg ...... cheers mate we`ll do it again for yas both (it was a nice fish mate honest )

Just a few pics of the day :-

sunrise some hour or so after we started fishing

scott with a PB cod of 6.5lbs ... well done mate.

my 10lbd cod .......

scott with not a care in the world except how to beat his PB twice in one day .........

Gregg eyeing up what may take steves crown as to biggest scotchie on Slinky this season .......

and of course, no set of saturday pictures would be complete without bert,keith and kyle on shady .....

Gregg posing with another fish and imagining what his picture would have been like if he hadn`t lost his best fish of the day

souvenir pic of the day ............. they`re real cod

and last but not least, scotts composure called "Cook These !"

As ever lads, great day .... hope you enjoyed it .

Norm
    ]` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` )
    . . ,,,,,,___[ ~ \___
    ,,;;`` [_________/-,......... Norman......... http://slinkykate.com/

Well done lads, some cracking catches there, totally jealous
    Simons Sea Fishing

Comment

Great report Norman and thanks as always for the refreshments

Great to see you all out there, sorry about switching your bait from macky to rag Scott .

I'm sure Bert will post a Shady report, I'd do it, but it would have to be a tackle loss report , although I did finally manage a codling.

Cheers!
      Cheers, Keith.

Comment

well done lads some nice fish there.
        Rod building.................

Comment

Canny report Norman...........nice Cod that...!!!

Comment

Thanks again Norman Why is my head spinning so much now i'm back on dry land
            Best shore caught fish:- Pollock 6lb+ Beadnell, 9lb 8oz Cod Blyth Beach

Comment

Yer well done lads, was a hard day today with most the morning drifting between 1.2 and 1.6k, it was not until about 1.20pm that the drift slowed to 0.4k and you could get the ling baits down for any real amout of time over the wreck.

Monday prob be my next trip, smaller tides and west winds..fingers crossed.
              ................__................................ .............................
              ____[ ~ \_____
              [__On-A-Roll__/
              ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
              P.B
              SKATE 204lb
              COD 51lb
              LING 32lb
              TOPE 40lb
              CONGER 25lb
              HADDOCK 10lb
              HALIBUT 37lb
              COALIE 16lb
              BLUE SHARK 55lb

Comment

Well done lads some nice fish their. Beauty 10 lber Norman.

We struggled today and only managed whiteys and mackerel for our efforts. Try again tommora.

Comment

Cheers again norman i knew not sleeping would pay off with a new personal best COD (in my eyes its a cod).

Those fillets are gonna have to be cut into 3 for me to be able to cook them.

Gregg the one that got away was probs gonna be the second biggest fish of the day would have beat mine hands down (but it didnt so hehe)

Comment

Sounds like the old squad should be relegated to the reserves with the new signings playing a blinder

please you had a good one!, you're timing was impeccable you must of missed that storm by minutes, saw you one way in as we were tickling parts of a pansy that hadn't been tickled for quite a while...

don't suppose you got a pic of squeezed in there did you Norman?
                    ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ.

Thought for the day:
                    Some people are like slinkies - not really good for anything but bring a smile to your face when thrown down the stairs

Converting an MFV Fifie trawler type thing.

Comment

Chuffing good uns lads....still awake on stag do and gonna suffer pretty badly when the day/night/morning ends....excellent pleased as punch for you know the feelings well!

Top drawer
                      Ooh a new vid!

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
                      I AGREE

Comment

Gregg im still laughing about the one that got away everytime i think about it i laugh lol your face was a picture (one of those cam moments but i would have had to been quick) lol

Comment

Originally posted by KeithB View Post
                          Great to see you all out there, sorry about switching your bait from macky to rag Scott .

just read this lol i like that trick its good felt like a canny fish untill i seen your tea towel hanging on my bottom hook and half a macky on the other 2 hooks lol that towel fish was a good 20lb's lol

Comment

Cracking report and pics Norman as always nice one.
                            Feel free to take a look at my blog.

http://edds-fishingtales.blogspot.com/

Cheers eddie t

Comment

mark, sorry mate didn`t get a picture but if anyone can read my mind (and the wows we uttered as we passed) ..... how the F**k did you get that in there ........... pansy must be pulling on a tight belt .....

LOL
                              ]` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` )
                              . . ,,,,,,___[ ~ \___
                              ,,;;`` [_________/-,......... Norman......... http://slinkykate.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X