Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Terri Louise Sunday 27.07.08

Bit of a late report again lol.

We headed out about 06.30 on Sunday morning, a bit concerned that the fog would be to thick , but on leaving the lock gates it was'nt to bad and was'nt for most of the morning but it got a bit dodgy after dinner, especially closer inshore.

To make up for the fog the sea was fairly flatish so that was a bonus lol.

Our usuall wrecks were'nt producing the fish so we had to work hard trying alot of marks and plotting out some new wrecks.

The final tally was around a dozen codling from 3-8 lb, some coley's (unusuall for us), whiteys, pouting, a little wolf fish and a few mackerel.

Most fish, especially the decent ones were caught by me dad, showing me how to go on again lol.

We found and plotted out a tiny little wreck now named "wolf wreck"

One of the bigger cod, but this one had a strange red rash ?

One of our favourite wrecks (that is now barron) had changed alot, was half the size and partly covered in sand or silt. While we were on it two different big trawlers came right past us and even stopped less than 100ft off us to pull the catch in. Seen alot of trawlers about lately.

Wonder if they are powerfull enough to trawl over the wreck and flatten it out. They came close enough with their gear down. Same spot we first seen the two larger boats pair trawling earlier.

Supppose I have to blame someone lol.

Anyway we came back happy with the few codling that we kept.

Another great report & catch should of kept the wolf fish they are delicious.
    Cheers, Keith.

Comment

Never thought it might have been tasty Keith, it was that ugly.

Used chainsaw gloves to unhook it lol , it was more interested in eating us.

Comment

Aye they are vicious critters, highlighted by the crushed shells that they usually push oot the back end. They taste a bit like scampi apparently.
        Cheers, Keith.

Comment

well done lads good report and pictures,fish , that cod looks like a cross between a red cod and a fresh run.

Comment

great report and pics as ever codf well done you and yer dad ......... and aye I had a wolf fish once as well and it went back untouched by human hand .......
            ]` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` )
            . . ,,,,,,___[ ~ \___
            ,,;;`` [_________/-,......... Norman......... http://slinkykate.com/

Comment

cracking report and pics mate well done.
              Feel free to take a look at my blog.

http://edds-fishingtales.blogspot.com/

Cheers eddie t

Comment

Excellent - on my "to catch list" is a Wolf Fish...and I'll eat it too
                Ooh a new vid!

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
                I AGREE

Comment

Working...
                X