27/07/08 another trip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 27/07/08 another trip

nothing much to report we got about 3 codling shed loads of whiting and ive decided i hate macky lol biggest codling was only about 1 1/2 lbs no pics as i forgot my phone with good cam on.

other thing is no one warned me about whales being out there!!!!!!! god damn you people i nearly crapped my pants when a whale the size of my boat popped up about 20ft from my boat and stayed around for a little while

aint got a clue what type of whale it was but im hoping someone else has seen it so they can tell me

cheers scotty

thanks for the trip out mate.

i bet i amused you with my projectile vomiting (groundbait) and my little fall over when pulling the trailer. I looked a right cock in front of all those sailor types ha ha

Comment

funny tho lol everyone gets abit sea sick now and again mate i have a feeling that whale was a minke whale

Comment

bloody whales?

Comment

Originally posted by OnePollock View Post
          bloody whales?
          yup it was definetly a whale! a big bugger too! in the fog it was spooky as hell!

Comment

We saw one off Craster. Or should i say other people on the boat seen it. You can tell where they are as the gulls are in the water were the sprat get chased up to the surface.
            Personal best, 12.5lb Tope Scotland. 22/05/2012.

Comment

Norman this one is for you as we were trying to find the first wreck you sent me (didnt find it lol) have you ever seen a whale near there

Comment

Originally posted by insanojackson View Post
                yup it was definetly a whale! a big bugger too! in the fog it was spooky as hell!
                aye thank god for GPS, other wise we would have been totaly lost lol
                Happy to help, Keen to learn!

Fishing marks Seaham - Lynemouth
                http://maps.live.com/default.aspx?v=...!467&encType=1

Fishing Marks Lynemouth - North
                http://www.bing.com/maps/Default.asp...!739&encType=1

Popular lure Marks

Comment

Well done lads ! at least you`s got out as many didn't bother was a little on the dense side !! as for whales you often see them out there normally in pods of up to a dozen or so ! think they are pilot or minke (spelling)
                  Cheers Bert

Comment

cheers for the replys lads it was a good trip only thing is now we need to find more wrecks and learn how to set up drifts so we can hit into fish more oftern

Comment

hi scotty, I think on that wreck the actual position (on my GPS) is about 10-15 mtrs SSE of the LAT/LONGs. It takes a lot of time and a few visits to mark it correctly on your own gear but it`ll be easier if theres no fog and a few boats out.
                      congrats on getting out ............ lol did you mark the piers on your way out, makes it a whole lot easier to get back ....
                      ]` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` )
                      . . ,,,,,,___[ ~ \___
                      ,,;;`` [_________/-,......... Norman......... http://slinkykate.com/

Comment

no we forgot to mark the piers mate lol we just took a few other gps marks which we knew were not far from the piers and headed for them lol great day out only thing is the bearings collapsed on my trailer and im gonna have to get them done this week only problem ive got is finding out what the hubs are off lol

Comment

good luck mate , hope you get it sorted for the weekend.......
                          ]` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` )
                          . . ,,,,,,___[ ~ \___
                          ,,;;`` [_________/-,......... Norman......... http://slinkykate.com/

Comment

Working...
                          X