Shady - 26th July 2008

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shady - 26th July 2008

Bert, Kyle & myself this morning, had a lie in till 5am after Bert & Claire's long drive home from Cornawall last night. Bert had texted me asking about weather on his way home, the best summary I could of gave him was "saturday weather" We were met by big swells and fog as soon as we hit the piers, still, the skippers motto for the day was "onwards & upwards" and he clocked up some 30+ miles in pursuit of fish. Another day for tackle loss, with the big swells you never knew how far from the danger area your pirk was being dangled. Bert was top pirker as usual bagging six of 10 cod & 2 of 4 ling caught and a nice pollack . He also lost what must of been an even better pollack which was stripping line from his reel, still at least the trip wasn't total pollacks

Cheers Skipper!!!
    Last edited by KeithB; 26-07-2008, 08:58 PM.
    Cheers, Keith.

Well done lads, we're gonna give it a try in the morning.

Comment

Nice one Keith as you say typical Sat morn weather ! esp after having a canny week down south big swell dirty water and not too many fish !,But at least we got a FIX`N`FRY it will keep us going till next sat weather permitting !That Pollock was great fun but would have liked to see the one that got away
      Cheers Bert

Comment

well done lads good to see the early start and trip out was worth it ..... roll on the summer !!!!!!!!!
        ]` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` )
        . . ,,,,,,___[ ~ \___
        ,,;;`` [_________/-,......... Norman......... http://slinkykate.com/

Comment

nice one lads topper pollack
          Feel free to take a look at my blog.

http://edds-fishingtales.blogspot.com/

Cheers eddie t

Comment

Great to see that chaps ,funny how the weather is always pants at the weekend ,sorry funny aint the word ............

Nice Pollock Bert and you obviously had to work for it mate.
            You can take the lad out of Walker but .......

Comment

Nice one lads and nice Pollack Bert...am I given to understand the conditions have been pants in my absence?
              Ooh a new vid!

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
              I AGREE

Comment

yes chaps ive been chatting to the old timers down the quay and a certain wk used to produce 5 pollock to a box a few years ago to 6 inch gill net ! and they had hundreds of them !
                Looks like the shads jellies and lead heads may start to get the dust brushed off them!
                Watch This Space !
                Cheers Bert

Comment

Working...
                X