Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Terri louise 19-20 july

Saturday.

The sea was forcast to pick up a bit around dinner time so we headed out through the lock gates just after 5.00 am. Conditions were'nt ideal with a canny drift on and a bit choppy but we still ventured out a few mile and managed about a dozen codling and ling between 4- 7lb, plenty macky about aswell as the water had cleared up alot since the previous weekends swell.

Most of the fish were from a wreck that we have tried maybe a dozen times but never had a fish from untill then. So shows not to wright them off and keep checking them out.

We came back in happy with our catch about 9.30 am, with the lock to ourselves, otherwise we would have been stuck out till after dinner over low water when the channel dries out to the lock gates. Good job we did as the sea picked up as forcasted.

Sunday.

I was'nt going to bother this morning as the forecast was'nt great but my mate was determined to get out in his new boat and give it ago. After thinking that if I did'nt go out it would end up being flat all day to wind me up, I gave in and agreed to go aswell.

Our two boats headed out a bit earlier at 4.00 am, to try and miss the worst of the weather.

On getting past the heugh a decent swell and white horses greeted us meaning we would'nt be going far. The water had turned like chocolate again meaning we could'nt even find a shoal of mackerel to keep us entertained.

We eventually turned back and headed closer in to shelter behind the heugh. I caught the only fish of the day between 6 of us, a 4 inch whitey lol, put up a canny fight like lol.

The wind got stronger by the minuite so we came back in after a couple of hours.

Suppose you have to give it ago.

cracking report and pics mate. i was out today did'nt get much like.
    Feel free to take a look at my blog.

http://edds-fishingtales.blogspot.com/

Cheers eddie t

Comment

Great catch in testing conditions, well done lads.
      Cheers, Keith.

Comment

nice catch lads

sless

Comment

Working...
        X