Shady 19th July 2008

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shady 19th July 2008

Picked Bert & Kyle up extra early yesterday in an attempt to miss the dodgy weather, probably out the piers for 4am only to be met by white horses - not good!!! Got half way to the Briar and between us decided not to bother and headed for a 3 mile wreck, drift was ridiculous but Bert pulled one out on a pirk. Headed back inshore to another wreck that has produced early season and Bert did his stuff again with the pirk and I managed a very small cod on bait. Drift still silly, so Bert decided to take us to some "spoilt ground" and put the pick out. What a result!!! the fish were going daft, if you put 4 baited daylites down you got 4 fish as you hit bottom. Unfortunately they were all of the scotchy variety but geet big great sport. But you get bored after a while so Bert marked the new way point "Hampden Park" and we headed off to the flatty beds for some more civilised angling at anchor. Only had macky & squid for bait but managed a good few dabs and the odd flounder with no sign of the targetted plaice. Think Bert had 7 different species by now (cod, pouting, mackeral, whiting, dab, coley & gurnard) and must of fancied another as we steamed close in to the north pier to try for pollack but nowt fell to our spinners & shads.

Crap weather, but a very enjoyable morning taking a break from the usual cod & ling fest.

Cheers Lads!!!
    Last edited by KeithB; 20-07-2008, 07:02 PM.
    Cheers, Keith.

"Hampden Park" I like it

Ray.

Comment

Aye well done lads, difficult conditions ......... your right Keith, I picked a good un to have a rest lol
      ]` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` )
      . . ,,,,,,___[ ~ \___
      ,,;;`` [_________/-,......... Norman......... http://slinkykate.com/

Comment

Well done lads.

Pleased to hear you's clocked up a few species, given the conditions.

If you don't try and get out when the forcasts still pretty poor then you don't get out very often lately.
        ( think that makes sense lol )

Comment

nice one Keith we were out today it was hard work.
          Feel free to take a look at my blog.

http://edds-fishingtales.blogspot.com/

Cheers eddie t

Comment

Yes as Keith has already said once again the weekend CWS has spoilt ower best laid plans "CackyWeatherSyndrome"
            We still got a fix and fry so that cant be bad
            Roll on the Winter so we can have some nice flat seas
            Its annoying when you know that there is plenty of Kerd out there waiting for us till next week !
            Cheers Bert

Comment

Working...
            X