Shady catch report 13/7/08 Frazers Comp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shady catch report 13/7/08 Frazers Comp

Well as you all know it was the Frazer's boat comp on Sunday !
    When i woke up it was blazing sunshine and i thought yee haa today is going to be the first day of decent weather for boat fishing this year .............how wrang was i ??
    Keith picked me up at 6.30am and a drive down the coast to see the sea DOH...!!!! a little swell after big swell etc
    We arrived at the quay to be greeted by the crew of The Boys ....ie Kenny,Skull,Jamie and Harra all with get bags of bait and lots of sandwiches !
    Gear together and a short paddle and we were on board and ready to go !
    A quick pull along side The Boys and it was not started yet ! Engine box up and tools out ,starting troubles Doh
    After what seemed like forever with hammers and rusty spanners it was decided to call it a day ! A quick phone call to Big Geordie a friend of mine`s boat and they were sorted ! Kenny and scull with Big Geordie and Jamie and harra with me on the Shady,over to Royal Quays for registration !
    With everything sorted we were off on leaving the dock i punched in wk numbers for ower 1st stop and it said 7.8miles on little Shady with 5 on board and all tackle and sandwiches OMG
    We eventually got to the destination and lines down didn't disappoint Fish after Fish at a steady pace and all good size aswell ! One downside was the incredible gear loss to fish ratio......ask Keith
    Then to another wk and the same again Fish Fish Fish !
    Lots of Small ling about we returned dozens to fight another day
    As the time dragged on with the biggest fish only about 10lb i decided to go another 2.5mile further out to the same wk we did well on in last years Frazer's Comp and we were not disappointed with a nice cod of 12lb 6oz to me on a flowing trace baited with mac and squid then again another snaggy wk but we stuck it out till nearly time to head in ! Well worth the little extra journey !We tried a few more on the way home and again Small ling were in abundance,back to the weigh in for 430 good bit of banter with Alan and Sam then to the Wonky Boat for a few Beers ,well deserved refreshments
    When the presentation took place i was pleased to find that my cod was the biggest in the comp and i had got 4th or 5th cant remember (after Norman) got myself a rod and reel for my troubles Class
    The crew also done well with Keith and Kyle also getting prizes and Jamie and Harra just missing out ,i cant remember there weights but no doubt Keith or Alan will post the results soon !
    Great Comp well done to Frazer's and everyone else who helped organize it !
    Cant wait till next year coz we got a reputation to keep up now
    Cheers
    Cheers Bert

A nesa clean sweep almost, well OK a bert a slinky/shady clean sweep!

well done lads.
    ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ.

Thought for the day:
    Some people are like slinkies - not really good for anything but bring a smile to your face when thrown down the stairs

Converting an MFV Fifie trawler type thing.

Comment

Many thanks again Bert, we would have been stuck on dry land if it wasnt for you! Not that Harra would have been complaining! I take my hat off to you matey, every mark you went to produced fish, belter day. Harra was SICK at missing out on a prize by 3 ozs though!

Comment

Nice one Bert, great day, in fact great weekend - Cheers!!

Gear Loss!!! I stop counting after 14 pirks and that was in the first hour, add to that the pounding headache I woke up with, I nearly gave up. If "Hughey Harra" hadn't already taken up residence in the bunk I might of had a lie down.

Nice to see Jamie & Harra (after his sleep) in amongst the fish and breaking a couple of PB's

Great to see the NESA skippers well up the prize list, a fitting reward for all the hard work putting us over the fish, we travelled over 55 miles in Shady this weekend - WELL DONE lads

As Bert said, big thanks to all involved in organising the comp, Frasers, Alan, Sam etc.
        Cheers, Keith.

Comment

Jamie, was he car sick on the way home? that was a canny bite lol.
          Cheers, Keith.

Comment

Nah he kept it too himself for a change! He was sick when he got out of the car though and realised how many fish he had to fillet! Hope he satisfied the grannies over the road with them!

Comment

That filleting lark aint easy like, you should of seen the butchers job I did on the four I took home.
              Cheers, Keith.

Comment

Originally posted by KeithB View Post
                That filleting lark aint easy like, you should of seen the butchers job I did on the four I took home.
                Norman is promising a filleting school for the Slinky Kate crew at some point soon

Well done lads...like has been already said, good to see NESA members getting amongst it and all credit to their skippers too who clearly know their onions

Hope the next couple of weeks are as productive while I'm orf on me jollies
                Ooh a new vid!

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
                I AGREE

Comment

Working...
                X