Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Slinky Kate 13th July 2008 (Frasers Comp)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slinky Kate 13th July 2008 (Frasers Comp)

Me'sen, Six-inch (off t'internet ) Steve and of course Norman fished the Comp today and set about trying to catch ourselves a lunker

No inshore fishing today (water was like chocolate anyway for at least 2 miles) straight out in a straight line from the piers towards the horizon we went

Saw the usual suspects out and about and breakfast handover went without a glitch this time round

Steady fishing to start with Norman into the first few fish...then later on I joined in the action and started catching some fish too...then (much ) later on Steve decided he'd pull his weight and catch some fish too - and they were some bobby dazzlers too at 7lbs+ and his heaviest at over 8lb

In fairness to Steve he had actually hooked into far more fish than he landed during the course of the day

Peas were the prime bait again - cheers for the heads up from yesterday Keith ...I nearly tried groundbaiting but managed to fight the urge

I'm sure Norman will be able to say how far we travelled but I'm sure this will be one of the longest trips this year (in terms of amount of wrecks fished, miles covered etc) it was also a very good trip fish wise...

Norman's biggest fish was a 14lb Ling which netted him 3rd prize...Very well done Skipper

Steve's biggest fish was a 8.5lb Cod

My biggest was a 7.5lb Cod

Unfortunately no prizes for me and Steve as to get in the prizes your fish had to be well over 9lb - such was the stamp of fish caught today by all boats who took part

Total tally for the day:

16 Cod to 8lb
    7 Ling to 14lb
    1 Pollack to 3lb+

Plus lots of small Ling and Cod chucked back for the future stocks

Excellent days fishing all round (if I've missed anything out I'm sure the others will fill on any gaps, such as any comedy type misdemeanours)

Norman to add pictures later

Cheers as ever Norm' - see you in a few weeks as I'm off on me hols to Sunny Wales

Cheers

Le Wallsendo Magnifique
    Ooh a new vid!

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
    I AGREE

excellent report Tony well done lads.
    Feel free to take a look at my blog.

http://edds-fishingtales.blogspot.com/

Cheers eddie t

Comment

Well done lads and especially Norman with his big ling......well my story is that me and kate left the marina at 8ish and headed out of the marina, was a canny swell going over the bar, and after the last epic voyage assured her it would flatten off a bit, did it hell, we had one drop at the can and thought bugger it and headed back in before one or both of us hoyed up......done some gardening instead, today was only for hardened boat anglers not soft ****es like us.....well done again Norman, if anyone deserves to do well, its you.

Comment

Originally posted by boblydon View Post
        today was only for hardened boat anglers not soft ****es
        Don't wake em up and tell em though

Well done Slinky though, we saw heaps of boats heading out, and watched em on the radar dissappearing back in one by one!
        ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ.

Thought for the day:
        Some people are like slinkies - not really good for anything but bring a smile to your face when thrown down the stairs

Converting an MFV Fifie trawler type thing.

Comment

Originally posted by boblydon View Post
          Well done lads and especially Norman with his big ling......well my story is that me and kate left the marina at 8ish and headed out of the marina, was a canny swell going over the bar, and after the last epic voyage assured her it would flatten off a bit, did it hell, we had one drop at the can and thought bugger it and headed back in before one or both of us hoyed up......done some gardening instead, today was only for hardened boat anglers not soft ****es like us.....well done again Norman, if anyone deserves to do well, its you.
          It did flatten off quite a bit as the day wore on...but it was never going to be like a mill pond
          Ooh a new vid!

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
          I AGREE

Comment

thanks for the ling Norman, showed brian how to fillet it and gave him half. And thansk to all those who donated, cod, coalfish and ling to the Charlton anti starvation fund, BUT only six mackerel, where's me mackerel, everybody used it for bait.
            Alan

Comment

Nice one lads - I would have bet money that the comp wasn't on, everyone must have blasted off all over the place. Not much traffic on the radio, not even any psyops or misinformation going on.

Did you hear the coastguard reports?

"This is Humber coastguard - don't be sinking or falling off your boats as were on strike" loved it
              "I mock thee not, though I by thee am mockéd.
              Thou call'st me madman, but I call thee blockhead"

Comment

What were the scores on the doors?
                "I mock thee not, though I by thee am mockéd.
                Thou call'st me madman, but I call thee blockhead"

Comment

Great report Tony, and a very big well done to Norman as Bob said if anyone deserves it you do.

Thanks yet AGAIN for the refreshments
                  Cheers, Keith.

Comment

Cheers Lads, great day once again ......................

Tony had a hard time early on with accidents all seemingly falling his way whilst bleeding from a prick to his fingers (the mind boggles) and stumbling around trying to find the first aid kit he manageg to "SIT ON" a treble hooked pirk . ouch ......... (not a pretty sight as he examined the "pricked area")

Steve had what we all thought was a belter ............. took ages to reel it in ............ in fact he was well donald ducked ......
                    unfortunately we realised that rather than reeling it in he was loosing line ............ wow it must be big ................ (well the bottom snags hard when your drags not set ) .... (never a next time steve ?)

A day of three thirds I think today .......... (think thats right)
                    I started well .....
                    Tony took over ......
                    Then Steve after thinking it was all over came with a blinding run at the end.

Got to say that this season is up amongst the best ever, who says there`s a cod shortage , not in our small haven .................

Just a few (as ever) pics of the day...

Beautiful start to the day .......... the fuel up as ever in anticipation of things to come ....

The first fish (as always) to steve and of the tartan variety ........

We had a fantastic catch today but not to be forgotten are the many fish we returned , here as an example a codling returned by Tony to grow bigger ....

Back into competition mode ........ my best of the day a 14lbd Ling (13lbd 12oz at weigh in)

Just before the finale a nice cod to Tony .....

I say finale because that is what it was, after Steve having a difficult time early on he came with such a late run . wow .......

A codling to Steve ....... (at last) .............. mind you the special lure helped I`m sure

Then a bigger one .................

Then there was no stopping him . a bigger one .............

And to keep species in mind ..... a nice pollack ......

All in all a superb day, and what a nice time to get my best of the season . lol in a comp

cheers

Norm
                    ]` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` )
                    . . ,,,,,,___[ ~ \___
                    ,,;;`` [_________/-,......... Norman......... http://slinkykate.com/

Comment

had a phone call off mark apperenly he won the kayak section mad barsteward keep trying to tell him to get a proper boat going to put him in touch with ritchie

Comment

Yes Mark won a rod & reel, well deserved for heading in out in those swells.
                        Cheers, Keith.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie_Thompson View Post
                          What were the scores on the doors?
                          3 Ling took the honours of the 20ft+ Boats

1st - Mr Smith with a 14lb+ Ling

2nd - Mr Jones with a 14lb Ling

3rd - Norman with a (at weigh in) 13lb 12oz Ling

(names changed to protect the innocent - or maybe coz I don't know )

I believe a Whiting took the kayak prize

and an 8lb Cod took the under 20ft Boat prize

I'm sure either Alan or Sam will either post official results - or we'll see them in their respective publications later in the week
                          Ooh a new vid!

I AGREE

Comment

some good results ther and well done to norman and crew for there result

sean
                            The beautifull South

Comment

A VERY BIG WELL DONE TO NORMAN !!!
                              You certainly get them when it matters mate ! Top bloke
                              We had a great day out and had a SWELL time
                              Cheers Bert

Comment

Working...
                              X