Panzer - yer actual catch report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Panzer - yer actual catch report

Set off at 6:00am after a night on board - steering seems to be fettled for now Nice to meet Luckylady and crew who rafted up agin us on Sat evening. I was feeling a tad didgy (bad pint) so didn't dare open the good eye until we got across the bar (the pier one). Tooled about for a while listening to charter skippers on the FHM talking about ****poor catches. Had a couple of drops over a wreck and picked up a few mackerel, 1 sandeel and a lickle coalie. Had a go off the yellow can with no luck - holding ones rod and putting the liney end in the water helps, I choose the snoozing on deck option.

Decided to "leg it" back in for the top of the tide instead of staying out and having to moor up outside Pete's and get her in tomorrow afternoon. Skipper done good this time, we didn't hit a thing on the way back in. Although we may have scraped the wall a bit on the way out , shredded a few fenders and ripped a cleat out. Some idiot left loads of electrics on over night so no bilge blowers working in the black hole which was nice for mark and the electrical toilet was struggling to chew up the fantastically comical poo poo I had first thing in the morning. Grown men wept, ropes were tying themselves in knots while I giggled myself daft and tried to wipe me bum in the pitch dark.
    "I mock thee not, though I by thee am mockéd.
    Thou call'st me madman, but I call thee blockhead"

nice one at least you got somethink. trying to wipe ya bum in the dark does'nt bear thinking about lol
    Feel free to take a look at my blog.

http://edds-fishingtales.blogspot.com/

Cheers eddie t

Comment

luminous toilet paper

or ultra violet cacka

Comment

hmmmnnn. mutinous behaviour today.

got mesel down the for stupid oclock, bit of hot bunking going on as 1 crew member crawleed out of his pit Mr.Thopmson crawled straight into it, I even opened the foreward hatch and wee'd on him but the only response that illicited was 'mother its raining in the shed again' and off he went back to the land of nod

an hour or 2 later he crawled topsides just long enough to sort the comfy seats out and go back to kip. bit of a lump, and the water the colour of what was later deposited in the lavvy so we pushed offshore, 8 - 10 mile wrecks very quiet, some big clouds of mackeral on the sounder out there though

Mr T rose from his slumbers long enough stagger to the privvy to gas the woodworm and all other lifeforms within a 50 yard radius, we did discuss quickly reversing the polarity on the posh bog so it would go into 'blow' mode rather than 'suck' but time was against us, I reckon he's had his rusty sheriffs badge replaced with a small hatch fitted with velcro fasteners such was the speed of movement, mind you with the hum created down there, I'd of been out of there sharpish as well

after trying the lying down with your eyes closed method of fishing, the rest of the crew then practiced the 'have another lie down in the wheelhouse in order to build up sufficient strength for a full on snooze' method of navigation

I nearly called the coastguard for advice or someone to just to talk to but they were on strike today

little does he know, I have photos of some/all of todays inactivities on my why aye phone, will upload them later!

more of a sea trial than anything else, with a potential life saving invention thrown in. if anyone ever needs to navigate the lower tyne in thick fog/darkness, it will now be possible to steer by magnets as there is several tons of Iron laid at 3 metre intervals. This was more for Frank than any one else, few coils of wire around his neck, connect to a battery and strap him to the prow and you have a foolproof autopilot
        ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ.

Thought for the day:
        Some people are like slinkies - not really good for anything but bring a smile to your face when thrown down the stairs

Converting an MFV Fifie trawler type thing.

Comment

Seen you coming back in about 12ish and thought marks been out by himself today hahaha now I know ..was very impressed at the way you meandered past the small boats on your way back in mind should have had ell at the wheel mark and just bould straight through them ..excellent report as usual lads

Comment

Could you not see my face peering over the bridge like one of those Chad things

Aye small boats in middle of shipping lane

Comment

I was very discreet whilst dumping the huge bits of metal overboard - hands in pockets, whistling and kicking bits of dirt around then a quick heave ho - followed by an absoultely mahoosive kersplash. Mark mentioned depth charges at one stage but I was still technically asleep so didn't hear him.

Comment

My mate Joe who's a skateboarding, parcour running, adrenaline sport, scary fairground ride addict was looking a bit rough bless him. I nearly bowked and I don't do bowking

Comment

conscripted adrenaline junkie:

synchronised not feeling very well

the excitment of the adastra proving too much

the excitment of getting out the piers proving too much

the strains of a hard days graft proving too much

drifting some other wrecks

Thought for the day:
                  Some people are like slinkies - not really good for anything but bring a smile to your face when thrown down the stairs

Comment

you crazy guys ...well done lads...look forward to more tales of daring do and sea bourne shenanigans aboard Le Pans
                    Ooh a new vid!

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
                    I AGREE

Comment

God I'm a fat little get

Comment

Well done lads, nice to here of pansy catching fish again after many years resting

Comment

on a more positive note, the bridge at st pete's is fixed, new cards coming out this week so we'll be able to actually get in and out, although, there's a distinct possiblity the bridge might end up coming with us

nearly had crossed words on saturday, went out tied up on the fuel pontoon.

"you can't tie up there someone might want diesel"

"oh, OK, actually, we'll have some fuel while we are here"

"sorry we've got none, but you can't leave it there, someone might want fuel"

(go figure ) )

"you'll have to raft up alongside the boat on the waiting pontoon"

yes they seriously wanted us (all 30 tons of us) to raft up along side 14 foot of plastic (all 2cwt of )with a B&Q tarpaulin for a roof

its great in our world really

Thought for the day:

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie_Thompson View Post
                            God I'm a fat little get
                            you were 2 stone heavier on the way out

Thought for the day:

Comment

Err forgot to mention our additional boat moving adventure skipper we moved 2 boats around with ropes and everything and we weren't wasted at the time at all. One of them might have been the marina owners RIB he uses for training as well. It was in a bit of a squashy type place for a while and we were quite concerned so for safety reasons went back to the pub. We had to do it so Dave the Chiropracter could get his family off the boat.

Comment

Working...
                              X