Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slinky Kate - Midweek - works do!

Slinky Kate Report Wednesday 9th July 2008

I so love this thing they call "HOLIDAY" ....................
    All day with no problems being fired at you .......... other than "where to next "

Had planned to have a mid week trip out with a couple of workmates and watched the weather rather anxious for the last few days ... however it turned out just dandy ....

Unfortunately Alan couldn`t make it at the last minute (work commitments would you believe ) so that left Les and myself.
    As usual I prefer to plan my trips around the tide so that meant for an 8.30ish High Tide we`d have a 6.00am start.

All went as planned with the first fish being taken (a Scotchie) to Les then the first codling to myself within a couple of minutes of exiting the tyne. This certainly looked like being a good day .......

Headed off to 3 mile wrecks and more or less pottered about all day followed by a huge bunch of seagulls everywhere we went.

There was no pattern other than fish after fish were coming in over the gunwhales, all fish were caught on a number of wrecks and were in the 4-6lbd mark with a couple at about 8lb.

Great to see a guest having a whale of a time with many fish being taken, especially the 5lb pollack to les ... nice one mate (oh by the way Alan, hope your reading this )

Favoured bait today seemed to be squid, however rag and mackerel took fish as well .............. there was one common factor the lure , but of course I couldn`t say what that was.

Totals for the day
    Retained:-
    8 cod to 8lbd
    5 ling to 6lbd
    1 pollack 5lbd
    a few whiting
    a few mackerel

Returned:-
    millions of scotchies
    thousands of whiting
    hundreds of mackerel
    1 coalie
    (maybe the figures of returned are a slight over estimate, but it felt like that )

All in all a great day with great company,

I make no apology for the many pictures but they`re for a great guest who had a startling fishing day . well done Les on many PB`s today

First fish of the day ........ guess what (nice one Les)

First codling to me

And Les catches his first ever codling .............

Then his first ever Pollack

Then his first ever ling ......... and they`re getting bigger !

It was like this all day ....................

And I caught a few ..........

All in all a decent day with many caught and many put back .... just the filleting to do , now where`s that Eagles CD ?

Cheers Les , Great Day ......................

Norman
    ]` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` )
    . . ,,,,,,___[ ~ \___
    ,,;;`` [_________/-,......... Norman......... http://slinkykate.com/

Excellent Norman

...just what I want to read while sat at my desk "working" my socks off

Well done Les on a host of firsts (I know that feeling very well )

Hope the skipper hasn't peaked too soon with a comp on the horizon
    Ooh a new vid!

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
    I AGREE

Comment

Excellent report and pics norman well done some nice fish.
      Feel free to take a look at my blog.

http://edds-fishingtales.blogspot.com/

Cheers eddie t

Comment

Great stuff Norman & very well done Les
        Cheers, Keith.

Comment

Nee worry there Tony all the big ones we caught I secretly put back and noted the GPS readings . they`ll do for catching again on Sunday ........
          ]` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` )
          . . ,,,,,,___[ ~ \___

Comment

Keeping the '73 shirt for sunday as well
            Cheers, Keith.

Comment

Aye, might just do that keith lol ................ having said that theres a few more numbers coming up soon I think when I`m told "you can`t wear that to go out in ! " they will just have to be relegated to fishing shirts

watch this space

Last edited by Norman; 09-07-2008, 05:22 PM.
              ]` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` )
              . . ,,,,,,___[ ~ \___

Comment

Well done Norman and Les, hope you realise every boat in the comp will be following you on sunday......slinky kate the top favorite for the honours

Comment

lol if only mate ...............

nah I think the usual big boys will come good again in the comp from far off wrecks ....... what was richies last time 35lb ... wow
                  ]` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` )
                  . . ,,,,,,___[ ~ \___

Comment

Makes great reading that Norman ,some nice pics as well !!

Didn't you drop any off in Cullercoats ?

I hear Mr. C . is getting ready for a HUGE haul
                    You can take the lad out of Walker but .......

Comment

well we`ve got a couple of bin bags on board so if the day goes slack we can always fill them with some sort of oily fish .........
                      ]` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` )
                      . . ,,,,,,___[ ~ \___

Comment

Originally posted by Norman View Post
                        well we`ve got a couple of bin bags on board so if the day goes slack we can always fill them with some sort of oily fish .........
                        Should invite this fella along again if it's the mighty 'Krel you want to catch...I've heard he's the rootenist tootenist, hot diggety dog, damn mo fo chavtastic fisha this side of the Pecos mountains

"Heeya Mista lenz a Daaaylite"

Ooh a new vid!

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
                        I AGREE

Comment

aye I remember him well ,
                          ]` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` )
                          . . ,,,,,,___[ ~ \___

Comment

Working...
                          X