Shady catch report 5/7/08

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shady catch report 5/7/08

Well as already said by Norman in his post it was a little choppy to say the least !
    Me,Keith,Kyle ,and birthday boy Kenny had a little look in amongst the big swells today ,,,,,and it was bumpy big time
    We tried a few of the usual hot spots but nothing was catching .So headed out 3 mile to a known fish producer where we met up with Norman for breakfast (CHEERS)
    Did not venture any further all morning ,Well until we headed back to the moorings at 9.00am,But we stuck it out with on average a fish a drift with lots others lost because of the very fast drift ! wind one way and tide the other = not good fishing conditions
    But with the amount of fish being lost i thought it was worth while trying different drifts each side of the wreck (without a fish finder !!) till we started to hook a couple, the fish that we caught were all of good stamp ranging from 4lb to 8lb !
    Then a few of the lads turned up so fresh bait was the order of the day !
    It was take after take of lost fish with the occasional hook up
    We ended up with 16 good cod and 5 ling for ower troubles today and believe me it was fookin hard work !!!
    Got back at 9.00am did a little maintenance work the had a little lift of a few rocks to end up with a little fresh bait for the comp next week
    Sorry no photos this week as all my crew were asleep
    Cheers Bert

Exceptional catching considering the conditions - nice one
    Ooh a new vid!

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
    I AGREE

Comment

Nice one Bert & Thanks again for a canny a little trip out with accomdation thrown in . As you say very hard work reeling against that drfit & tide with lots of line teased out to hold bottom.

We were heading for a final few drifts at a new location till Bert realised all his crew had nodded off, think we decided if Mr Ramp can sleep in a bus shelter we might as well knock a few ZZZs out on the boat .

By the way, counted those few crusties - 53 not bad for 20 mins rummage in the rocks.

Cheers!
      Cheers, Keith.

Comment

Well, done for sticking it out lads, well bert anyway by the sounds of it .....
        Aye mackerel hadn`t woken up by the time we decided to leave (had a couple but not strings)
        ]` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` )
        . . ,,,,,,___[ ~ \___
        ,,;;`` [_________/-,......... Norman......... http://slinkykate.com/

Comment

well done lads
          i was earning a few pennys
          ink money
          hehehe
          falling asleep
          thats terrible

sless

Comment

Well done chaps ,I did a bit of sleeping myself but stayed indoors
            You can take the lad out of Walker but .......

Comment

Working...
            X