Slinky Kate ,21st of June

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slinky Kate ,21st of June

Well I made a return to boat fishing today aboard Slinky Kate and her trusty Captain Norman along with the cabin boy Tony ( Wallsendo ) and boy did I ever pick a good time to get back to it.
    Norman decided that the best time to leave the RQ would be 03.30 to catch the tide at it's best , so we met bleary eyed in the car park and within twenty minutes we where out ,stopping just outside the piers we took a couple of codling to crab baits which set the day off to a great start .

Then trying a couple of the three mile wrecks we managed another codling and I lost a better one at the boat ....DOHH !!

The next wreck was the start of something special ,catching fish after fish , drift after drift ,sometimes all three of us into cod at the same time , the cod where all of good size averaging 6lb and the best being 8lbs taken by the skipper , fish falling to pirks ,baited muppets and Royd lures , all fish fighting like goodun's and giving a very good account of themselves , I also caught my PB pollack at 4 lbs and yes you guess it my PB Scotchie which made 2.5 lbs .
    Tony's new rod not only got a christening to the cod world but got a real battering ....excuse the pun .

All in all we took 28 cod ,2 ling ,a pollack and 47 mackeral .

And of course we returned some Ling , Scotchies ,Whiting ,Coalfish etc .

Thanks to Norman again for a fantastic day putting us on the fish and making the day the best boat fishing experience ever for me .

PICS TO FOLLOW.....
    You can take the lad out of Walker but .......

nice report mate glad ya caught fish

Comment

Well done lads. Hoping to get out tomorrow at Whitby. But does,nt look good.
      Personal best, 12.5lb Tope Scotland. 22/05/2012.

Comment

Great catch lads, must of taken a few renditions of Hotel California to get through that lot.
        Cheers, Keith.

Comment

Originally posted by KeithB View Post
          Great catch lads, must of taken a few renditions of Hotel California to get through that lot.
          Actually - it was more like Singing in the Rain

As Steve has already said it was a flipping great mornings fishing - and what a way for Mr Sixfoot to make a comeback

A few pics...

The official start of the 2008 summer...

Norman with a nice double header...of Br..Scotchies

Sixfoot "The Scotchie King" Steve with his new PB of a 2.5lb wee beastie...

Steve showing that he can catch other species with a new PB Pollack of 4lb...

An example of how good the fishing REALLY was...

And finally - Slinky Kates best day of the year so far...(nay ever? according to the Skipper in terms of quality of fish..)

What a trip out - started off steady, then tailed off then BOOM it came on with a vengeance ...I took tips from a member of a rival crew and fished pretty religiously with the the pirk and caught a load of fish

Am now aching for all the right reasons - the fish fought like buggery and the new rod is a dream to fish with...

Last but by no means a nod to the skipper - cheers Norman, enjoy your whiskey ...I'm off now for a couple of weeks, having a rest at a small affair called Glastonbury feel like I've def got 2, 3 even 4 weeks fishing worth today - bring it on - I would do it ALL again in a blink

Flipping Marvellous

Cheers

Tony
          Ooh a new vid!

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
          I AGREE

Comment

Class!!!

What can I say Norman!! you really need to wear that T shirt every week
            Cheers, Keith.

Comment

Speaking of T Shirts...this is now officially my lucky T Shirt...

Ooh a new vid!

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
              I AGREE

Comment

Originally posted by SIXFOOTSTEVE View Post
                Well I made a return to boat fishing today aboard Slinky Kate and her trusty Captain Norman along with the cabin boy Tony ( Wallsendo ) and boy did I ever pick a good time to get back to it.
                Norman decided that the best time to leave the RQ would be 03.30 to catch the tide at it's best , so we met bleary eyed in the car park and within twenty minutes we where out ,stopping just outside the piers we took a couple of codling to crab baits which set the day off to a great start .

Then trying a couple of the three mile wrecks we managed another codling and I lost a better one at the boat ....DOHH !!

The next wreck was the start of something special ,catching fish after fish , drift after drift ,sometimes all three of us into cod at the same time , the cod where all of good size averaging 6lb and the best being 8lbs taken by the skipper , fish falling to pirks ,baited muppets and Royd lures , all fish fighting like goodun's and giving a very good account of themselves , I also caught my PB pollack at 4 lbs and yes you guess it my PB Scotchie which made 2.5 lbs .
                Tony's new rod not only got a christening to the cod world but got a real battering ....excuse the pun .

All in all we took 28 cod ,2 ling ,a pollack and 47 mackeral .

And of course we returned some Ling , Scotchies ,Whiting ,Coalfish etc .

Thanks to Norman again for a fantastic day putting us on the fish and making the day the best boat fishing experience ever for me .

PICS TO FOLLOW.....

nice to see you back at being normans bitch steve

Comment

Nice one lads, sounds like you's enjoyed yourselfs.

Back in the action at last steve.

Comment

Shame Frank couldn`t make it today, never mind his stand in steve done good.

As mentioned a real corker today, I would think If i`d kept records then I could have shown them all broken today, things like :-

most fish over 6lbd caught on boat (ever?)
                    heaviest total haul (weight) on boat (ever?)
                    heaviest average (weight) angler haul (ever?)
                    first time to run out of fish boxes !
                    first time to spend ALL MORNING over one wreck
                    lol amidst whispers of where we going next? .... you got to be kidding

without doubt the best stamp of fish I`ve seen on slinky (all in the one day)
                    Shame we never got a single "double" although I`m sure we hit double figures with double headers.

Great Day, and great company , thanks lads (and a special thanks for the prezzie, I`ll try to spread it out over at least a couple of nights )

This trip is gonna take some beating ......... lol but we`ll try.

Norm
                    ]` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` )
                    . . ,,,,,,___[ ~ \___
                    ,,;;`` [_________/-,......... Norman......... http://slinkykate.com/

Comment

nearly as gutted as that lot that we didn't get out. was all geared up and itching for it, good seas, good tides, ho hum, hope you left us some!

has got me thinking though, looking at tides in the next week or 3, to do it the wrong way round. Maybe a jolly out about 11/midnight, maybe anchor on the ground for an hour or 2, have a crack over the wrecks in the dark, and work back in for brekkie!

anyone ever tried an all nighter offshore?
                      ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ.

Thought for the day:
                      Some people are like slinkies - not really good for anything but bring a smile to your face when thrown down the stairs

Converting an MFV Fifie trawler type thing.

Comment

great report steve well done on ya pb's glad yous lads enjoyed it. must get my self out and get some cod and macky.
                        Feel free to take a look at my blog.

http://edds-fishingtales.blogspot.com/

Cheers eddie t

Comment

Well done lads,another excellent report and good pictures.

Comment

i shud of been out in the morning but the weather forcast scared me mates off taking the boat out with the swells ,hoping i was 7 miles plus off linging and coding but lifes a biotch,heres hoping to next invite
                            Panel Pin Champ

Comment

Just a few of pics of the day to add (only a few due to taking the camera but forgetting to put the memory card back in .................. so on back-up memory only) ...... oooopps

The start of the day, the other 3.30 that does exist honest

And Steve with his pre-sunrise first codling .....

And shortly after sunrise, Tony with the first decent fish to his new rod.

The early bird and all that .
                              ]` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` )
                              . . ,,,,,,___[ ~ \___
                              ,,;;`` [_________/-,......... Norman......... http://slinkykate.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X