Lucy Olivia - 12/07/14 - last minute evening trip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lucy Olivia - 12/07/14 - last minute evening trip

Working all weekend and then off on hols middle of the week so looked at forcast and decided that at a push I could be out of the marina by 6pm and fish a couple of hours.....turned out to be a good decision!! Just as I was about to leave a couple of lads had just come in and said they had a lot of fish from in front of souter so that was decided, virtually the same area as I found fish last weekend.....managed to get away with the light gear again with the help of the drogue, fish were there straight away, lots of 2 to 3lb fish with a few 4 to 5lb thrown in, steadily filling up my fish box and then got hit by a good fish, had a cracking fight in the shallow water, managed to get hold of it by the gills and tipped the scales at 14lb.

That's my first double this season and a best for the boat so far....well chuffed!
    fished for a while longer but headed in at 8.30 with a big smile and a great short session before my jollies. hope the cod gods are kind and the weather plays ball for everyone whilst I am away!!

Big well done, cracking fish, well worth a sneek out.

Comment

Well done on the double Dave , think youre gonna need a bigger freezer....

Comment

Now that's what you call fishing someone once said "i love it when a plan comes together"
        Well done what a holiday wind - down enjoy your hols
        Cheers Bert

Comment

Wow! That's a top two and a half hours! On the twintails no doubt too

Keep the reports coming, great to see

Comment

Great stuff mate.

Comment

Cracking fish that Dave, looked like a canny little session.

Comment

Thanks folks!!

I was a bit concerned I wasn't going to see it to start with, totally different fight on the lighter gear, had me wrapped around the drogue rope a couple of times as well.

It was on a twin tail direct to a 3oz leadhead again Damien, don't know if the movement is a bit more natural but seem to get more hits when fished direct like that rather than bouncing behind a weight, don't seem to lose as much gear either.

Freezer keeps filling up Chris but my good lady will keep offering fish to anyone that she meets, just lost another cool box full today......I think it went something like.......' It's fine there's more in the fridge waiting to be filleted' ....... Think I am gonna start telling them they can have it but must do the filleting themselves!!

Comment

Nice fish m8.

Last minute trips are always the best, whether it be fishing or drinking

Neil

At Last

Comment

Working...
                  X