A day on JFK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A day on JFK

A Rainbow over the caravan park last night, a good omen I thought!

Up 530am with hope in our hearts and a spring in our step. The first time we have boat fished together for a a year and a week. Arrived at the boat and met Skipper Allan, who I felt I knew with the amount of calls we had back and forth. I said to him that I saw he had a great last 3 days on the water. He said that it had been great, but he had heard when I turn up on a boat, the skipper has to "chase the fish!" God how prophetic that statement turned out be!

Long story short, a quiet day by JFK2 standards recently. Perhaps most anglers getting 3 or 4 fish, a couple on the other side of the boat, maybe 6 or 7. Best Cod 9lb, Ling 11lb and Pollock 4lb guestimates. All anglers on hokkai's baited with Mackerel, as we were, plus we had Squid. A couple of guys tried shads. I tried all colours of hokkia, shads, gummi macs and even Macker fillet on a flapper. One bite all day, which I missed! So, so disappointed, even crestfallen to be honest! I tried everything and I was the only one on the whole boat who failed to catch anything, bar Mackerel! Lynn caught 1 Cod about 2 plus pounds. Diabastrical for us!

The Skipper of course did his best, covering loads of miles. He went in, he went out and he shook it all about and to be fair most were probably fairly satisfied with what they caught.

Talking about shaking it all about, that is exactly what a guy 2 spaces up from Lynn did! As Lynn said if she was a guy and had a dongle that small she would definitely go to the lovely new toilet!

Had thunder, lightning and very heavy rain for about an our early on, but it soon brightened up

Does my bum look big in this??

I have been looking at bus times back to Scotland but Lynn says I must stay and suffer! I bought 20 Stella tonight to take some tomorrow when we visit Norman and Tony but I reckon I am going dink them all tonight!

Can't tell you how sick I am tonight. Maybe I will go to Holland for a few days.

Oh well on the bright side, at least I am not a Brazilian!!!
    Last edited by kayos; 09-07-2014, 10:06 PM.
    2016 - Cod, Dab, Dogfish, Gurnard, Ling, Mackerel, Saithe, Scorpian fish. .

Mark! Your time will come im sure! Been saying that for past few year but one day lol fingers crossed for thursday but nog looking too good at the minute

Comment

Chris

Comment

Do you want to buy some golf clubs?
        Chris

Comment

Its been fishing very well...did you take the bits of plastic off your hooks??? i have seen that trick done many times

Really sorry you had a hard day and very suprised you never got much. As you say the skipper tried and the boat got fish, jsut a shame you two never managed to get amongst them.

p.s just put the £5 on my boat under int he fish well at the back please, i will pick it up Friday.
          ................__................................ .............................
          ____[ ~ \_____
          [__On-A-Roll__/
          ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
          P.B
          SKATE 204lb
          COD 51lb
          LING 32lb
          TOPE 40lb
          CONGER 25lb
          HADDOCK 10lb
          HALIBUT 37lb
          COALIE 16lb
          BLUE SHARK 55lb

Comment

Originally posted by hulme6612 View Post
            Do you want to buy some golf clubs?
            Swap you for all my fishing gear. Mind you my gear took a big ht on the wrecks today. No wonder they call it Terminal tackle!!

Comment

It will come right mark you must be due a change of luck soon
              CLEVELAND LGV TRANSPORT

Comment

Women bananas and flowers unlucky to have on a boat. Hopefully this isn't why you's are having a hard time
                PB SHORE COD 9LB 14oz seaton sluice 3/11/12
                PB BOAT COD 9lb 15oz
                PB COALIE 9lb 8oz
                PB LING 7lb 8oz

Comment

Originally posted by victorclub View Post
                  It will come right mark you must be due a change of luck soon
                  You're up next for the curse of Mark on Sunday Jim!!!

Comment

you forgot rabbits and whistling David, I feel for you the NE wrecks don't give up their prize easily but sure you give it your best shot, hope you enjoy the rest of you holiday
                    Last edited by Joe-m; 08-07-2014, 09:08 PM.

Comment

Do you use hooks?

Comment

just read this report now mark @ lynn.sounds like a crap day,very sorry 4 yous sods law.so lyn wins again.so much for my selling you catch at north shields.theres always the next trip. so just enjoy your dink tonight {your spelling}.good night.

Comment

Just messing if I makes you feel better when j travel anywhere it's the worst conditions while I am there. Remember next trip could be the fish of a life time.

Comment

can't believe that Mark it has been fishing very well your middle name wouldn't happen to be Jonah would it
                            Alan

Comment

good question.

Originally posted by Pighunter View Post
                              Do you use hooks?
                              do they? haway phil was just one of them unlucky days.

Comment

Working...
                              X