Geat Days Fishing on Northstar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Geat Days Fishing on Northstar

Well we had a great day out on Northstar from Hartlepool. We left port 7am and headed east to our first drop we were all catching fish of cod in 3lb-4lb with the odd small Ling. It started to rain about 10am and never stopped raing till 1pm, but this did'nt stop us from fishing (well some of us). We moved to onto the same ground where Chris Whelan had a small rattle of a whity so I said leave it on it's ideal for Ling, before he knew it his rod bent over pulling a nice Ling of 12lb 8oz. Very nice fish. Northstar has a comp on his boat for Heaviest fish of Cod and a Ling. Heaviest Ling so far is 12lb 10oz (unlucky Chris just 2oz short. Heaviest Cod so far 9lb 10oz. An angler had got a fish on he started to reel it in, when he got it so far up his rod started bending and thumping looking like a good fish, It was also taking line off the reel, then rod eased a bit starting to gain some line on his reel. When he reached surface all that was left of the fish was the head of a Cod, A seal had bitten the body of the fish. (Is that what they call a poor cod). On the next drift we were getting better stamp of Cod in 5lb-7lb bracket. What an excellent day we had about 40 Cod and 12 Ling. It was Rippers that caught the fish today. I would like to thank Jim on Northstar for an excellent days fishing by all the lads on the boat. Hope you had a good laugh.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Dustybin; 06-07-2014, 08:13 PM.

Sounds like a great day Chris, well done to all.
    2016 - Cod, Dab, Dogfish, Gurnard, Ling, Mackerel, Saithe, Scorpian fish. .

Comment

Well done lads, better stamp of fish for yous.
      Chris

Comment

north star

Good day for you Chris stock the freezer when you can

Comment

The fishing was good today chris, so was the crack, the "skimmer" I mean skipper worked hard today to keep us on the fish throughout the day and everybody went home with a good bag of fish.

Comment

Yes it was a great day out with a good bunch of lads never stopped laughing all day with the added bonus of some nice fish you really need to put hinge and bracket on stage.
            The soap dodger managed to get plenty of nice fish I think it's the smell that does it even though he will probably say it is down to skill.
            Once again well done lads a very enjoyable day
            CLEVELAND LGV TRANSPORT

Comment

Working...
            X