Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Slinky Kate 05/07/14 - all in the planning...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slinky Kate 05/07/14 - all in the planning...

After a month away from sea due to weather and then holidays in Cyprus the Slinky Crew were in need of a fishing fix…to this end the trip today was meticulously planned around the forecast…

We knew it would be wet early on – so we had a lie in

We knew it would get better later on – so we persevered

We knew the sun would come out - so we packed the sun cream

So an 0600 meet up sees us at a rather rainy RQ – being this “late” meant we had a queue at the lock and had to wait for fuel! We never have this trouble at 0400!!!

Anywho after the leisurely start we found ourselves at the piers in a lumpier than predicted (but still fishable) sea…fishable was to prove 100% correct as Norm was into a fish within the first 30 seconds!!!

Alas no pic as I was having a reel crisis …luckily we carry spares so within minutes I found myself on the end of a lovely pier end cod as well!!!

So within the first half hour we already had a few cod and with the predicted forecast ever on our minds we edged further out…we passed a few familiar faces here and there as we fished our way through a few wrecks...even I took the helm and plotted a few drifts – I even managed to put us onto fish!!

One wreck in particular produced the better action of the day with Slinky Coquet Twisters getting the fish going – it even produced the first Ling of the season to Norm on baited muppets

Mackerel were fairly scarce it seemed but to be fair we’re pretty much about the lures these days so it wasn’t an issue

Anyway the weather improved, the wind direction changed and the sea died down – all as we knew it would, based on the forecasts…for our perseverance we also had a few fish in the box

We called it a day about midday happy in the knowledge that the day had met ALL expectations in terms of weather and fishing

A few pics:

Norman showing the Charters how to catch fish!

A meal fit for a king!

That’s me for two weeks now as the next two Saturdays I’ll be in Wales on the annual camping jolly with Mrs Wallsendo

Thanks as ever Norman – cheers for letting me take the wheel again!
    Until next time

Cheers

Tony
    Ooh a new vid!

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
    I AGREE

Well Done Team Slinky, Did The Cod Chuck Up The Peas&Chips.
    Fingers X For Tomorrow.
    Nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught

Comment

Great report Tony and a few fish takes your mind off the weather...

We were out at 6.00 as well, it wasnt very nice at that time....having a cabin was a blessing...

Comment

Nice1 lads, we headed in until sunday and had a day in Whitby instead. Seems some.nice fish around and I did you stop of the feeding frenzie just off the north pier? Was wild ling? Pollack, cod, coalie and mackerel all hunting tiny sandeels n birds all over.

cod n chips looks.nice.and I dont.even eat fiah
        ................__................................ .............................
        ____[ ~ \_____
        [__On-A-Roll__/
        ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
        P.B
        SKATE 204lb
        COD 51lb
        LING 32lb
        TOPE 40lb
        CONGER 25lb
        HADDOCK 10lb
        HALIBUT 37lb
        COALIE 16lb
        BLUE SHARK 55lb

Comment

Nice one tony well dones to you n Norman I saw yous in th queue I was on Blueye2 and like you we persevered . I know that on a roll (richy) only stopped out for an hour I think he didn't like the speed of the drifts . A canny pollock with a mixture of cod n macky had the majority entertained today .

Comment

Cheers tone ,

Great report of events, all in all a superb day with lots of fish and all a good clean stamp.

Cheers for report

Norm
            ]` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` )
            . . ,,,,,,___[ ~ \___
            ,,;;`` [_________/-,......... Norman......... http://slinkykate.com/

Comment

Great report Tony.

My favourite bit is where you say that 6am is a lie in!!

Comment

Nice one tony and norman awesome report as usual! were going to try our luck early in the morning(sunday) if we hit the jackpot am sure to let you all know !

Comment

Great report lads and well done for your determination in was a really snotty sea first thing

Comment

Good to see the slinky crew giving us some hope, supposed to be working tomorrow but looking at forecast I think I will be having the day off and heading out. Great report as always!!

Comment

Originally posted by denty23 View Post
                      Nice one tony and norman awesome report as usual! were going to try our luck early in the morning(sunday) if we hit the jackpot am sure to let you all know !
                      Good luck Gary, we look forward to the reports

Norm
                      ]` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` )
                      . . ,,,,,,___[ ~ \___

Comment

Originally posted by Norman View Post
                        Good luck Gary, we look forward to the reports

Norm
                        Well norman .we left the ramp at shields at 7:30 sea nice and flat,motored out about 4 mile stopped iff away a few wrecksbut we didnt have much luck (sorry no luck at all) loads of coalies a few small codling and a few mackerel. Disappointed once again think we must be doing something wrong there was two lads launched just before us and they reurned just before us too they had a full box all good size cod.

Comment

Originally posted by denty23 View Post
                          well norman .we left the ramp at shields at 7:30 sea nice and flat,motored out about 4 mile stopped iff away a few wrecksbut we didnt have much luck (sorry no luck at all) loads of coalies a few small codling and a few mackerel. Disappointed once again think we must be doing something wrong there was two lads launched just before us and they reurned just before us too they had a full box all good size cod.
                          :d :d :d
                          ]` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` )
                          . . ,,,,,,___[ ~ \___

Comment

good report some great pics and a cracking day out for you
                            consett warlord retired

Comment

Top planning top pictures Go team slinky!!!!!!!

Sean
                              The beautifull South

Comment

Working...
                              X