Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a Shady day out

A bit of a lie in this morning, leaving the moorings at
    6. 00. Bert, Kieth, Paul, and myself headed through the piers into a lazy easterly roll, which was dying away . Bert put us over some close in wrecks,
    which yielded one or two sizeable cod, but nothing exciting.
    With only a few in the box by 8.00, It was agreed we
    Go to the offshore wrecks, which were just producing the same stamp of fish.
    Bert then said he had a couple of his bankers to try.
    we were so glad he did because we all picked a few decent fish off these
    we kept 28 good cod between 3 and 8 lb. .and a few big mackerel. Also caught were pouting. Coalies . Small ling and even a couple of dabs !!! Ona a ripper.
    All in all a great mornings fishing.with great friends
    Thanks Bert for working your magic also kieth and paul . For the craic.

Crab done the damage, and the odd one to the ripper and shads.

Well done lads

Comment

Sounds like you lads had a good days fishing and the fish are getting a better stamp as well...

Comment

Perseverance and a good bit of knowledge paid off in the end with some nice keepers. Nice one lads.
        P.B. Cod 30lb-11ozs Balcary.

Comment

Yes a canny morning at sea Jim and a few kerd for the pan ,may the good times continue and a few tigers thrown in as well I must say that Keith cant stop catching fish at the moment .........about time aswell lol
          Cheers Bert

Comment

Great to be out with the lads, I was slow to get off the mark but finished canny (so our lass says). Superb skippering and fantastic action. "Crusty Keith" has it down to a fine art nice bait presentation. Jim could have clocked up more species than David Bellamy on a boat. Cheers lads.

Comment

Good report and good to see you lads getting the fish!

Sean
              The beautifull South

Comment

"Crusty Keith ....." lol

norm
                ]` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` )
                . . ,,,,,,___[ ~ \___
                ,,;;`` [_________/-,......... Norman......... http://slinkykate.com/

Comment

Nice one boys!
                  Ooh a new vid!

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
                  I AGREE

Comment

Working...
                  X