2 days on North Star 7/8 june

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 days on North Star 7/8 june

with a less than favourable forecast several hopefuls set sail at 7am on the North Star,now sponsored by Tronix Pro.
    the afore mentioned forecast meant travelling any distance was out of the question.
    any hoo first job for me was to blag a set of tronix hokkies "just in case"

fishing was slow at first,then as tide picked up momentum things livened up
    all types of lures doing the business shads,rippers daylites and hokkies the orange or pink ones doing best.
    some folks were taking 2 fish at a time no monsters and a good few put back

the best fish of the day came to me,and yes it was on the blagged tronix trace

unfortunately the weather beat us and were back in port for around 12-30 pm,all with a few fish

most successful baits seemed to be squid and prawn.

so with a better forecast for sunday homeward bound looking forward to more of the same on sunday

ITS SUNDAY a 7am sail into flat seas and back to the previous days area full of hope for a repeat performance,sadly no two days are the same and these two were no different

a change of area was prescribed by skipper Jim,and indeed a few changes were made before jims knowledge of marks paid off
    no monster fish lots of decent freezer filler/pan sized stuff,quite a few lost fish a good few put back.
    rippers did nothing today except tire meeven unbaited traces were taking fish at one point.
    then as we lost the drift,the fishing took a turn for the worse a decent octopus joined us on board as did 5 lonely maccaroonies

all had fish and a decent day in decent weather,cheers jim roll on next time
    AUDENTES FORTUNA JUVAT

Originally posted by lingking View Post
    with a less than favourable forecast several hopefuls set sail at 7am on the North Star,now sponsored by Tronix Pro.
    the afore mentioned forecast meant travelling any distance was out of the question.
    any hoo first job for me was to blag a set of tronix hokkies "just in case"

fishing was slow at first,then as tide picked up momentum things livened up
    all types of lures doing the business shads,rippers daylites and hokkies the orange or pink ones doing best.
    some folks were taking 2 fish at a time no monsters and a good few put back

the best fish of the day came to me,and yes it was on the blagged tronix trace

unfortunately the weather beat us and were back in port for around 12-30 pm,all with a few fish

most successful baits seemed to be squid and prawn.

so with a better forecast for sunday homeward bound looking forward to more of the same on sunday

ITS SUNDAY a 7am sail into flat seas and back to the previous days area full of hope for a repeat performance,sadly no two days are the same and these two were no different

a change of area was prescribed by skipper Jim,and indeed a few changes were made before jims knowledge of marks paid off
    no monster fish lots of decent freezer filler/pan sized stuff,quite a few lost fish a good few put back.
    rippers did nothing today except tire meeven unbaited traces were taking fish at one point.
    then as we lost the drift,the fishing took a turn for the worse a decent octopus joined us on board as did 5 lonely maccaroonies

all had fish and a decent day in decent weather,cheers jim roll on next time
    Thanks for the report Duncan pleased you had a good day just goes to show not only Phil can pull them in 2 at a time
    Good company great Craig flat seas and a suntan
    Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	85.8 KB
ID:	1523377
    CLEVELAND LGV TRANSPORT

Comment

That gentleman is Very photogenic....

Good to see Phil's doing the business too.....

Suntans eh ?.....I like it.....

Well done ...

Comment

Well done lads,getting twitchy now. Four weeks tomorrow we will arrive in Whitley Bay and not a moment too soon!
        2016 - Cod, Dab, Dogfish, Gurnard, Ling, Mackerel, Saithe, Scorpian fish. .

Comment

Great report Dunc

I like the sign, just above ye heed....

Comment

Nice one Duncan, sounds like you had a couple canny days.

Comment

Originally posted by The Jester View Post
              Great report Dunc

I like the sign, just above ye heed....
              haha chris mint,theres a few miss it though
              AUDENTES FORTUNA JUVAT

Comment

Good post Duncan. Plenty fish and all on snaffled gear lol. Well done mate.
                P.B. Cod 30lb-11ozs Balcary.

Comment

Good going handsome...,
                  GET OUT THERE AND STICK A BAIT IN IT !!!

Comment

Originally posted by BestNest View Post
                    Good going handsome...,
                    cheers stevo,you well i hope
                    AUDENTES FORTUNA JUVAT

Comment

Good to see the Nort star getting them, You did better than me lol

Sean
                      The beautifull South

Comment

Originally posted by big_sean View Post
                        Good to see the Nort star getting them, You did better than me lol

Sean
                        just follow jim next time big lad
                        AUDENTES FORTUNA JUVAT

Comment

Working...
                        X