Wor Lass 6th June

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wor Lass 6th June

I love this time of year when there is enough daylight to get out after work. I managed a short session tonight, just three hours from leaving the marina to getting back there.

Fishing started slow on the hard ground until I found a good patch and fish came thick and fast. It’s the same pattern as previous trips, lots of fish up to about 3lb with many smaller; other boats were reporting the same.

Coddling and scotchies were hitting orange lures, baited or unbaited, although I found more than usual were dropping off. Not a problem as all were released anyway, then I discovered why, - I’d tied my latest batch of lures on barbless hooks! One fish came in with my hook and someone else’s, so the fish went back without it, in a better condition than it came in.

While I was heaving a couple of fish in over the side the sounds of an unfortunate bloke heaving something else over the side, floated across the water . Conditions were getting a little choppy by the end of the session and not looking too promising for tomorrow.

Thanks for reading.

Two at a time again

Here’s a pic of the 6/0 lures I tied, looking well used by now, and the smaller one recovered from a fish. Anyone recognise the little lure?

Lovely pair of clean fish there Kev
    Ooh a new vid!

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
    I AGREE

Comment

Well done Kevin, good to see you getting among them

The lure looks like a "Headless Hokkai"....

Comment

looks like the good start to the season is continuing. nice fish there Kev. did you manage to fillet them lol

Comment

Do a lot of short sharp trips myself Kevin. Just enough time for a quick fix. Pleased you got amongst them.
          P.B. Cod 30lb-11ozs Balcary.

Comment

Looks like a short but productive session Kev, nice one.

Comment

Working...
            X