Missy - 31/05/14

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missy - 31/05/14

Had 3 hours out this afternoon for a bit of family fishing fun.

Flattest sea we've been out in this season for a nice change.

We headed to some rough ground north of Seaham and managed to all catch 5-6 codling each in the 3-4 lb range.
    Not as many fish about as previous trips up there but was a nice afternoon out anyway.

Few pics off the phone ;

Happy families, it looks like you have a new skipper in the making. Is the butter fish bait or a catch?

Comment

Was in a codlings mouth. That's his favourite part having a drive

Comment

Getting out for short session with family and finding a bit of sport on such a great day soon makes you forget the days when we can't get out! I was sat just a bit further north from you, the boat you pictured is topline from Sunderland that whole area generally produces well upto the end of June, I normally fish Souter area from July onwards, not as many fish but usually a bigger average size

Comment

Yeh some nice ground in that area, topline was anchored up, any idea how they did ?

Comment

Cracking day you had.sea flatten off a lot quicker than people thought

Comment

Great stuff Martin , nice family pics, i'm sure i caught that rock as well...

Comment

That rock fought all the way up Chris, thought it was bigger

Comment

Great day for the whole family
                  Ooh a new vid!

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
                  I AGREE

Comment

Well done nice catch and looks like you all had a great day

Comment

Nice one Martin, do I recognise the lure in a couple of the cod gob pics

norm
                      ]` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` )
                      . . ,,,,,,___[ ~ \___
                      ,,;;`` [_________/-,......... Norman......... http://slinkykate.com/

Comment

Should hope so Norman
                        One of Slinkys finest.
                        It was a bit quiet so I gave a leadhead/shad a try. Was gonna wait till the wrecks started fishing properly but I couldn't resist

First drop down and bang, into a 3 lb'er followed not long after by another. . Then I got it snagged but managed to free it so took it off to save for the wrecks.

Also caught on a orange slinky grub fished by itself

Cheers Norman, a fine selection of lures.

Off down now for a look.

Comment

Great stuff Martin, I had my first solid take on an eel yesterday, didn't get to the bottom before it went bang came to the top with nothing but the nose of the leadhead sticking out, fully taken straight in... class...

cheers mate

norm
                          ]` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` )
                          . . ,,,,,,___[ ~ \___
                          ,,;;`` [_________/-,......... Norman......... http://slinkykate.com/

Comment

Good report Martin. Great that you all caught fish on a lovely flat sea. Great stuff.
                            P.B. Cod 30lb-11ozs Balcary.

Comment

Originally posted by Codfather View Post

i believe this may of been us anchored up which most fish took in that area 3-5lb mussle was the bait
                              Last edited by codseeker; 01-06-2014, 04:29 PM.
                              Panel Pin Champ

Comment

Working...
                              X