Slinky Kate 31/05/14

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slinky Kate 31/05/14

Slinky Kate and guest this with week with Keith tagging along sees a standard alarm call at pre dawn

Up and out the piers we were met by a lovely flat sea and gentle winds…dropped off at a couple of marks close in but with nothing showing we headed north to the rough ground

T’was a bit chillier up there and it wasn't long before all three of us were putting on our jackets and complaining of cold hands! I bring a litre flask of tea with me these days and usually waste half of it – not this week as it was my constant source of warm up juice!

Anywho the fishing was steady – we started to pick up fish almost immediately in the small to medium bracket mainly so it was a case of working our way through the tiddlers and picking out the odd better one

The fish were falling to all sorts to begin with but it soon became clear that the stand out tactic today was crab bait…not only was this “guaranteeing” a bite but it was generally picking out the better fish…big thanks to Keith for his bucket of crustys!

Crab bait even accounted for another species…an Octopus!

We pottered around the Can all morning and didn’t even bother venturing off shore…hopefully if we get a settled spell of weather we might gain the confidence to try next week (it’s flipping June already!!!)

Called it a day mid morning with a box full between us and headed back to the RQ for the filleting, clean up and post match beer

Few pics:

A fairly feeble sunrise…but a sunrise nonetheless!

Little’uns from the get go…

The odd better one showed up…

OMG!

Keith managed a small Pollack too!

And the traditional box of fillets

Bit of vid as well…
    Bagpuss

Cheers as ever Norm. good to have you on board Keith

Until next time

Tony
    Ooh a new vid!

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
    I AGREE

Well done lads

Looks like a canny mornings fishing on the ground and a box of fillets to go.

Comment

Great report Tony!

Strange morning weather wise, freezing cold early on yet I'm sitting here with a stinging napper lol.

Massive thanks to you both for a great morning.
      Cheers, Keith.

Comment

Great report Tony, water was still a bit dirty today you did well to get a box full, nice octopus as well....
        Last edited by The Jester; 01-06-2014, 07:20 AM.

Comment

looks like the fish are still on the hard ground well done jeff
          http://www.kayakfishingshack.co.uk/[B]

Comment

Well done team Slinky and thanks for the report, it gives us some hope and direction for tomorrow. We were out yesterday evening and noticed how chilly it turned as soon as the sun went and breeze returned.

Comment

Almost like winter fishing first thing then. Pleanty of fish still on the hard ground, and like you say, the crab sorts the better ones out. Well done lads.
              P.B. Cod 30lb-11ozs Balcary.

Comment

As always from Team Slinky, a great report and pics to show the evidence !

SEan
                The beautifull South

Comment

Working...
                X