Sable Catch Report 26.05.2014.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sable Catch Report 26.05.2014.

The plan for today was to plot a few wrecks, and fish them for a while..
    But, i now know the zoom function on the Raymarine doesnt work, so in 170ft of water the wreck looked like a pimple After half an hour without a fish, we decided to move onto the rough ground around 5 mile off....

First drop i was straight into a fish, shortly followed by Deano with a "bigger" one... Next drift Deano was into another "smaller" than mine..

Then the wind picked up, the troughs and white horses making it uncomfortable so we headed in....no blanks and the boat was great ploughing through the chop, but overall the day was spoiled by the fishfinder acting up, but better it happens now before it all kicks off...

Christened the Kenzaki as well, and hauled a rock up that had the rod locked up to its max...and it didnt snap....

No pics as photo bucket is acting up......

Back working...

Deanos 2 week old pirk...

Sea snotting up....

Catch...
    Last edited by The Jester; 26-05-2014, 04:18 PM.

Good to hear the new rod had some action

Flat calm next weekend ?......

Comment

Good to get out and christen the rod Chris, did the same myself this morning, sea was glorious early on, probably should have been a first light trip with hind sight....Is that the dragonfly finder Chris, I was thinking about putting one on mine and having a separate plotter and finder rather than using one as a combi unit....sounds like it is not quite as good as it looks!!

Comment

Thanks again to Chris top lad mint crack always have a laugh weather was mixed up today drift was all over the shop had we got out earlyer probs would have done better today was more like test the gear day and hopefully the odd fish thrown in and that's what we did thoroughly enjoyed it cheers again mate i might frame that pirk lol
        Cod machine

Comment

Originally posted by Codcrazy View Post
          Good to get out and christen the rod Chris, did the same myself this morning, sea was glorious early on, probably should have been a first light trip with hind sight....Is that the dragonfly finder Chris, I was thinking about putting one on mine and having a separate plotter and finder rather than using one as a combi unit....sounds like it is not quite as good as it looks!!
          No Dave its not the Dragonfly, just a bag of ***TE I like having seperates, if one goes wrong at least you still have something to play with..

Deano...If you dont lose that pirk next time out i'm gonna throw it overboard..

Comment

Everything seems to have gone to plan.......apart from the sounder, christened the rod, a few fish, no doupt a good bit crack. Nice one Chris/Deano.
            P.B. Cod 30lb-11ozs Balcary.

Comment

you should of stuck with the pair of lawrence's....HD and all that..

good to see the day went well...

Comment

Originally posted by easyfish1 View Post
                you should of stuck with the pair of lawrence's....HD and all that..

good to see the day went well...
                Thats the plan Rob....

Comment

you'll have to get the HDs 10's though...

Comment

Originally posted by The Jester View Post
                    Thats the plan Rob....
                    Haha quality
                    Cod machine

Comment

you'll have to get the HDs 10's though...
                      Waste of money mate, a Lowrance 7 will do...

Comment

a few ££ for some extra inches....

who wouldn't..

Comment

a few ££ for some extra inches....

who wouldn't..
                          Not worth it, the scars take ages to heal...

Comment

Working...
                          X