Slinky Kate (and wallsedno) 22nd july 2007

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slinky Kate (and wallsedno) 22nd july 2007

Well, great day out as ever today with Steve 6ft and the virgin boater Tony "Wallsendo".
    Left Royal Quays at 7.30ish as planned hoping our own forcast was right about the eye of the storm ...... LOL spot on, a bit lumpy to start with but bit by bit it cleared all day.
    Got to end of piers and met bert and Keith on Shady only to find Keith standing giving us the thumbs up ..... lol thumb bandaged, elasoplasted, clothes pegged and cabletied .... (slight problem with a hook as I`m sure you`ll have seen on a seperate thread)
    We had no choice but to administer liquid breakfast as a pain killer (hope its not toooooo sore mate).

Tony kept asking questions we couldn`t answer like whats the strategy here, what bait, what rig, .......... so we just told the truth, drop weight to bottom and hope

Ended up doing about 35 miles around various wrecks and eventually St Marys (which gave only a ling ..... to Tony)

The day was as good as ever with about a dozen or more to the boat best cod about 6lbd and best ling about 7lbd . . . . . . and a few whiteys and coalies.

As for who caught what ....... well, .... therein lies a tale .......

I Remember asking Tony at start of day "Whats your best cod so we can try and top it?" and the answer was .... "never caught a one"
    hahahah
    well, thats over now since he caught single handed almost ALL of todays catch ........... well done Tony mate, congrats.

great day out , thanks to Steve and Tony , and the weather done us good

ps I hope your thumbs a bit better keith ........
    dont get hooked on them painkillers ..........

a few pics of the day (notice the singular angler in shot for most of them)

Tony with first mackerel

Tony with his first ever Codling

Tony realising what a scotchie was

Wallsendo the 6lb codder

And Just for show a decent ling

Of course Tony wasn`t the only one to catch .......

Great Day (again) lads , cheers

Norman
    ]` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` )
    . . ,,,,,,___[ ~ \___
    ,,;;`` [_________/-,......... Norman......... http://slinkykate.com/

ha ha!!! Well Done lads, Thanks again for the refreshments Norman!!

Is that you hooked now Tony? (Well not literally )
    Cheers, Keith.

Comment

that a wee scotchie by any chance steve??

what a great way to lose your cherry though wallsendo, bet you'll sleep a happy chappie tonight
      ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ.

Thought for the day:
      Some people are like slinkies - not really good for anything but bring a smile to your face when thrown down the stairs

Converting an MFV Fifie trawler type thing.

Comment

Great day as ever ,just in case anyone's wondering that's a Scotchie I've got ,my target species of the day ,well done Tony ,you certainly broke a few ducks today mate and of course cheers again to Norman .
        P.S. Tony could you give me the Cravat and monical back
        You can take the lad out of Walker but .......

Comment

Nice report Norman, and well done Tony on your first bag of cod, and a good one at that. Dipped in flour and fried - lovely!!!

Stevie, what can I say

regards

Stu

Comment

Well done guys the sea looks a lot better than when we went out last Friday.

Mick.
            Personal best, 12.5lb Tope Scotland. 22/05/2012.

Comment

I'm getting quite a reputation ,I might have to target other species in future.
              You can take the lad out of Walker but .......

Comment

Norm'll Fix It for you

What can I say? A fairytale day - perfect weather, perfect sea...perfect everything really!!!

I could never have asked for a better way to pop me cherry could I?

BIG BIG Thanks to Norman though - it was as if my letter to Jim'll Fix It got lost in the post all those years ago and turned up on Normans doorstep!!!

It takes a good skipper to put you among the fish and Norman did just that (although just not for him and Steve ) I have a sneaky feeling they just had leads on and nowt else to make me feel better

Am I hooked? OH YES!!

Steve - only if you give me back my chrystal glasses
                Last edited by The Great Wallsendo; 23-07-2007, 01:06 PM.
                Ooh a new vid!

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
                I AGREE

Comment

Well done lads and congratulations Tony
                  Regards, Graham

Comment

Yeah Tony, next time Steve and I will take those rubber tips off our hooks and go for it LOL

glad you had a good day mate.

enjoy the ling, report back (after your hols of course)
                    then again, maybe stewed ling on a campsite up a mountain may be a bonus meal ......
                    ]` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` )
                    . . ,,,,,,___[ ~ \___
                    ,,;;`` [_________/-,......... Norman......... http://slinkykate.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Norman View Post
                      Yeah Tony, next time Steve and I will take those rubber tips off our hooks and go for it LOL

glad you had a good day mate.

enjoy the ling, report back (after your hols of course)
                      then again, maybe stewed ling on a campsite up a mountain may be a bonus meal ......
                      Will do mate - next time the liquid refreshments are on me!!!!

Cheers again - brilliant day...

That Ling is gonna make a mighty fine fish pie when i come back from Wales
                      Ooh a new vid!

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
                      I AGREE

Comment

Well done Tony. It's a great feeling getting your first cod. Enjoy your hols.
                        Best shore caught fish:- Pollock 6lb+ Beadnell, 9lb 8oz Cod Blyth Beach

Comment

Well done lads and great pics excellent reports all round....its brilliant to see the old hands (coughs....erm..older hands...lol..) taking the newer lads out to see how its done...

Comment

welldone tony on ya first cod and other species,your addicted now,and welldone lads for showing him the ropes and putting up with all them questions lol ,exellent report no doubt there will be more soon
                            Panel Pin Champ

Comment

cracking as always

well done

glen
                              clingons on the starboard side

Comment

Working...
                              X