• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Subject: JFK 14-07-04 by Jeff

Subject: JFK 14-07-04
    jeff

posted on 16/7/2004 at 12:27
    Hi All,

Fished the JFK for the first time on Wednesday. Ideal conditions when we left Mill Dam but got worse as the day went on with ever increasing westerly winds.

Not trying to cause "ructions" here but I had the pleasure of meeting Gary "Codhead" for the first time.......he's actually a good man with a lot of angling knowledge. I think he may have been mis-understood on the board before things went pear shaped. Not looking for a reply from anyone on this issue so please don't go biting me thanks....!!!.

Anyway back to the fishing....

I ended up with 3 cod to 5lbs and Ling to maybe 6 lbs. I genuinley can't remember all the details. I know its the same old crack but I lost 2 very good fish on the retreive that i'm sure would have won the sweep, (Ling at 13lbs won it)....can only blame poor hooking and retrieve technique on my behalf.

Caught the lot on some lead heads purchased from SpottyDog tackle. These are 10oz bullet heads with large twin tails behind them, (with a sliver of mackie to boot..!!). No lures above. Just fished direct to the mainline via a weak link. I suggest you take a look at these lures...expensive maybe but good when the drift gets above 1 knot.

I would definitley go on the JFK again.....1st class skipper and good company also enjoyed the friendly competitivness.

Hope you all have a great weekend fishing.

Thanks,
    Jeff.
    Cheers Alan...
Working...
X