Lucy Olivia 6th and 7th July

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lucy Olivia 6th and 7th July

Had a Sat and Sun trip planned with a leisurely stay over on the boat Sat night, chance to enjoy a relaxing drink after a day spent catching decent fish I thought. As usual things don't always slot quite into place, By the time we got sorted, daughter away to Germany on a school trip.....wey hey, lets go... I thought but no we had a number of must do's before it was playtime. Eventually car is loaded up and away we go , couple of hours behind schedule but not to worry.... that was until I hit the A19, closed both directions all surrounding routes jammed, 40 min journey took nearly 2 hours!! Finally heading out of the Marina Early afternoon, better late than never!! Sea was a bit lumpy but were here to fish, passed a boat that I thought might have been Chris on the Jester, turns out it was and I apologise for ignoring you!! I wasn't trying to sneak past.. honest!
    Anyway to the fishing, the last of the flood was very poor, as soon as the tide turned the fish switched on, again lots of fish in the 2to 3lb bracket, best fish went to 6lb and a few keepers around 4 to 5lb, wind and tide together made the drift hard work so headed in for a pleasant evening and a glass or 3 without having to head home.

Sun morning, intended heading out early but decided to take leisurely run out at 7am, first drop a nice fish straight away around 6lb then straight down again and almost instantly another of the same size......thought this would be a bumper day but fish after that were well spread out, little flurries of action with long quiet spells in between, again had 6 good keepers with plenty of small fish going back

Great report and pics Dave, sounds like you had a nice weekend, sun, fish, wine....doesnt get much better does it...

Oh and.... the boat looks really nice and clean....

Comment

good report mate. The best laid plans eh! never mind, once out there, the obsticles in the first place soon fade away, and you ended up with some nice fish on both days. Well done.
      P.B. Cod 30lb-11ozs Balcary.

Comment

Working...
      X