No announcement yet.

Whitby-Normal service has been resumed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whitby-Normal service has been resumed!

Well for round 2 of the Whitby challenge we picked this boat, with Skipper Jim and 1st Mate Dave, two of the best crew you could ever wish to meet.

We jockeyed for position for the 7o'clock bridge opening...... We seemed to be at the rear!

We motored out and after about 30mins stopped for some Mackerel. Unfortunately they were thin on the sea, however we caught a few, so off to the wrecks.

Not a full boat today, with Duncan(Lingking) and his mate Mel, plus a Father and son who immediately moved to the bow of the boat, never to be seen again for the rest of the day, so the stern for Lynn and I, Duncan and Mel....Result!

Jim and Dave joined us on the stern in the hope of getting some decent fish.

To be honest the fishing was slow. The usual Mackerel, Pouting and Whiting, but a bit disheartening.

However with the Morcambe and Wise of the Whitby charter boats keeping our spirits high, we were having a laugh, if not catching fish!

By mid afternoon, Duncan had a Haddock weighed on the boat at just 2oz less than my third place fish and a Whiting. Mel has 2 Codling, a Ling and a Whiting. The two at the bow a Codling and a Ling....I think. Lynn and I? No keepers!!

So we motored off to the last wreck of the day with expectations pretty low!

Of course it isn't over until the fat lady sings and by God did she sing!

First drop for Lynn stuck on the wreck! Dave she shouts "Help me please I am snagged."

"Eh no Lynn that is a fish!" She only lands an 8lb 1oz Cod!!

Bugger!!

Next drop a 5lb Ling.........No picture. I must have been busy!

Time has now elapsed and we are on a mission to get back to port in time to weigh in her fish. With the tide against us, we made it with a millisecond to spare. Jim took the boat straight over to the weigh in and Lynn's Cod puts her 3rd in the Ladies section.

So in conclusion, I got nothing to keep other than Mackerel, got stuffed by Lynn again, so normal service has been resumed.

Round three on Sunday and hopefully the fish will show.

PS Thanks to Jim and Dave on Charisma for a great day and filleting the few fish we had.
    Last edited by kayos; 06-07-2013, 07:58 AM.
    2016 - Cod, Dab, Dogfish, Gurnard, Ling, Mackerel, Saithe, Scorpian fish. .

great report mate and thats a cracking cod wot are the prizes mark
    KOMPRESSOR SPORT
    PENN 525 MAG SLIDEY
    PENN 525 MAG KNOBBY
    OKUMA TRIO 55
    YUKI RUBYMAR
    RON THOMPSON TYRON
    SPECIES HUNT 2015 = CODLING, TURBOT, FLOUNDER, DAB, SS SEA SCORPION

Comment

Great report and pics as usual mate.
      Stuffed by Lynn again as usual
      Last edited by fishingmark; 05-07-2013, 08:54 PM. Reason: Spelling
      People who live in glass houses have to answer the door.

Comment

nice one lynn...

Comment

congrats to lynn bad luck mate lol!

Comment

Great report and pics Mark ....Lynn comes out on top again...

Plenty room on deck for you all though, if the fishing was slow you could have had a game of footy on there..

Comment

Originally posted by toonboymc View Post
              great report mate and thats a cracking cod wot are the prizes mark
              Cash prizes Toonboy. No idea about the minor places,but the heaviest fish of the festival wins £5000!

Comment

Originally posted by The Jester View Post
                Great report and pics Mark ....Lynn comes out on top again...

Plenty room on deck for you all though, if the fishing was slow you could have had a game of footy on there..
                Haha, joking apart Chris, the fishing is important, but a boat with some space, a loo and a good laugh on the day can make up for a slow fishing day!

Sunday is Mistress with Rich Cope. Full boat and no space! Let's see what happens?

It is good to get out on each trip for a change!!

PS Duncan has your vacuum sealer!

Comment

Aye Dunc rang me today to say he'll get it to me Monday, thanks again for getting it for me

Have you used yours yet Mark

Comment

Nice write-up Mark and well done Lynn.

Comment

Originally posted by The Jester View Post
                      Aye Dunc rang me today to say he'll get it to me Monday, thanks again for getting it for me

Have you used yours yet Mark
                      Just spent an hour with it tonight. It is great! Taking fish packs to site pub freezer in the morning.

Mostly hers!!

Comment

I agree that fishing is about sun, fun, company etc,

but under 10 fish on a whole day charter boat in July off Whitby .....good tides...eh?

Comment

Originally posted by Kartonkel View Post
                          I agree that fishing is about sun, fun, company etc,

but under 10 fish on a whole day charter boat in July off Whitby .....good tides...eh?
                          It is a shocker, but what can you do? That is where we are with the fishing!

We have been out on the boat that has the top three in the comp - Trot-On 2, today Charisma, Mistress on Sunday and Avante on Wednesday.

We just have to hope things pick up!!

Comment

I read from both your reports that the boats were half empty...

Do you think they saved fuel and stayed inshore? I hear the water is still a bit green in Whitby.

Wish you luck for Sunday. A full boat on Mistress seems a good thing...at least you won't bob about in inshore waters

Comment

Well done to Lynne, and another great report Mark, hope you have some
                              luck sunday.

Comment

Working...
                              X