Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can anyone recommend a boat??

Hello,

I am thinking about trying a spot of boat fishing. Never been on a boat before and relatively new to fishing altogether. Can anyone recommend a boat that would be canny for a couple of novices???

Thanks

where do you live
    Alan

Comment

Thanks for replying Alan. I live in Newcastle but can travel anywhere on the north east

Comment

most boats are suitable for novices these days just let em know you aint fished before

if you can go thru week some are cheaper,ie NORTH STAR HARTLEPOOL £25 mid week or a bank breaking £30 at weekend.

if you want to go s+++ or bust go for jfk tynemouth or famous out of hartlepool.

other boats are catch 22 out of sunderland or theres warlord out of amble.

there should be plenty of other reccomendations too as i said charter skippers a desperate for trade this year

good luck
        AUDENTES FORTUNA JUVAT

Comment

Am out this afternoon for the first time with my girl friend . We going on the sapphire from sunderland . Is just a short 4 hour trip to start .Will give you some feed back after .
          james

Comment

Al Shareq in Amble.I fish alot with him and have had a few folk fishing for the first time with me.The skipper will look after them and will also help them while the other folk are fishing.
            The only fish i want this year is a double figured cod!!!

Comment

Originally posted by tilly View Post
              Al Shai can second this martin,skipper is a nice ladreq in Amble.I fish alot with him and have had a few folk fishing for the first time with me.The skipper will look after them and will also help them while the other folk are fishing.
              i can second this martin the skipper is a good lad
              AUDENTES FORTUNA JUVAT

Comment

Originally posted by not_a_clue_about_fishing View Post
                Thanks for replying Alan. I live in Newcastle but can travel anywhere on the north east
                you have been given a few, would recommned a short trip first just in case, you could try Mistress out of the Tyne Tony 07743062163 for an evening trip, you have Sapphire's number, he does short trips as well
                Alan

Comment

Try Dougie Hogg out of Craster. Top fella. Our club has six trips booked every summer. The lads won't go anywhere else.

Comment

Thanks for all of the suggestions, gonna try and get out in the next couple of weeks

Comment

Agree with Charlton. The mistress out the tyne, tony will give u any help needed.
                      Mackerel-Flounder-Coalie-Rockling-Bearded Rockling-Codling-Dab-Whiting-Plaice-Pouting-Gurnard

Comment

Helpful skippers/mates for newbies to boat fishing :

Amble - Jeff and Duncan on Warlord

North Shields - Tony on Mistress

Hartlepool - Jim on North Star

Whitby - Jim on Charisma or Rich on Mistress.

2016 - Cod, Dab, Dogfish, Gurnard, Ling, Mackerel, Saithe, Scorpian fish. .

Comment

we booked a 4 hour trip last week on Catch 22 ,out of Sunderland with a couple of newbies ,great evening out well worth the money ,and a few fish came into the boat ,and the 2 newbies ,are hooked!!!!!! .these short hop trips are excellent for introducing people to boat fishing .deof worth giving him a go ,

Comment

Working...
                          X