Lucy Olivia 29/06/13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lucy Olivia 29/06/13

Planned on having a morning giving the boat a good clean down and sort tackle, didn't fancy getting tossed about with wind and swell, down at marina around 9.30.... surprised how flat the sea was and how many boats already out, decided on a an hour out to see if I could find any mackies, well that turned into about 5 hours........ drift a bit fast at times but ok, fishing wasn't hectic but sport was steady, most fish in the 1.5lb to 2lb bracket, probably put about 20 back, 1 fish over 6lb and kept another 4 between 2 and 3lb, a few nice mackies for the bbq today as a bonus.... the boat still needs a good clean but maybe next weekend eh!!

Sounds like a nice session, not sure whether maccy starting to show up is a good or bad thing as it means more "fishermen" on the pier... didn't seem to be many boats out yesterday and the day was not a bad one! Waved at you as I passed on the patrol boat.. your boat looks clean so I would not worry

Comment

Ha ha...... Yeah it can get interesting on the pier at times!!!! We will be complaining about too many mackerel in a couple of weeks!! Boat might look clean on the outside but I will have to sort out below decks before I get in trouble with she who must be obeyed.... Not even safe in the floating shed anymore!!!

Comment

Great report and pics Dave and well done on returning the fish...

Here's the plan......you bring the missus down the marina for a coffee in the Snow Goose along with a nice bit of cheese cake... Then you say we might as well have half an hour sitting on the boat chilling out After 10 mins on the boat you say..hmmm Lucy Olivia is looking a bit grubby .....Bobs ya Uncle...... Women were born cleaners.... But dont tell our lass i said that....

Comment

Well Chris funny you should say that....just so happens that we are both off tomorrow and I have suggested after dropping daughter off at school we might just have a...... Quick look down the boat..... We shall see if it works!!!!! Have you been out this weekend?

Comment

No Dave, i've been busy it will be next weekend now i think...
            Good Luck tomorrow and dont forget the glass cleaner....

Comment

Ha ha...... Don't let her loose on the glass mate, she always leaves it smeared!! Obviously I don't tell her this, she just thinks I am being helpful and offering to clean any windows, glass and mirrors! I did try once to Point out where she was going wrong but after a week of cold dinners and no washing or ironing I realised my mistake and apologised profusely!!!

Comment

Working...
              X