No announcement yet.

Iceland fishing trip report 20/06/2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fantastic reading and makes me think why do i bother going to Norway in Feb.

Mick.
    Personal best, 12.5lb Tope Scotland. 22/05/2012.

Comment

Thanks for all the remarks lads, just remembered, I will be a safety boat for the kyak comp tomorrow and Sunday, no rest for the moment.
      P.B. Cod 30lb-11ozs Balcary.

Comment

great read Arthur

canny holiday and some cracking fish..

Comment

Originally posted by canman View Post
          Thanks for all the remarks lads, just remembered, I will be a safety boat for the kyak comp tomorrow and Sunday, no rest for the moment.
          Where's the comp out from Arthur, we are thinking of going out Sunday afternoon. We won't be in anyone's way will we ?

Comment

Nice one Arthur great read and im not jealous honest
            Nothing makes a fish bigger than ALMOST being caught

Comment

Great report i had been looking forward to this after you said you had booked, as you say it seems untouched and they are just starting to understand the money it can bring in like Norway does.

When you fish in areas like that you understand how poor our part of the coast is.

Cracking report..think i read it again
              ................__................................ .............................
              ____[ ~ \_____
              [__On-A-Roll__/
              ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
              P.B
              SKATE 204lb
              COD 51lb
              LING 32lb
              TOPE 40lb
              CONGER 25lb
              HADDOCK 10lb
              HALIBUT 37lb
              COALIE 16lb
              BLUE SHARK 55lb

Comment

Thanks for writing up an excellent trip report, enjoyed reading that, some cracking fish too!

Comment

Originally posted by davidhayley1945 View Post
                  get in the krinkleys,best report ive seen for agessome amazing fishing for you lads,see Kenny had a supply of snickers looking at the emty wrappers in the fish box, and to think your coming back for 6oz and 8oz dabs of the pier haha.well done on your Iceland adventure. davy.
                  I the KRINKLEYS can still catch fish ,lol

Comment

Absolutely brilliant report & Pictures. Awesome fishing & in Weather that looks just like ours. Seems to me that Iceland has more to offer than Norway. Why freeze your Nuts off to get Fish when you have that sort of Sport in those conditions.
                    Well done & thanks for the the effort put into the Report.

Comment

better than the sea angler authur so jel mate
                      Rodbuilding & rod repairs

Comment

steveifa@hotmail.com

Icelandic Fishing Adventures

and it is a lot cheaper than Norway ,the lads spent £ 95 each for the week and that was eating out ,and a few beers .

Comment

and to think when i thought fishing was good you would get a few half pound/ pound coalies. even they bend my spinning rod like crazy can't imagine what they're like when they get that big!

as people have said......jealous

Comment

Great read Arthur, I have been considering a Norway trip for a couple of years now......... Seems like there may be another option....... Thanks for sharing the experience, probably a few lads now thinking how to run this one by the missus, nice and casual I think, start off by showing her the pics of your fish and go from there.......!

Comment

Originally posted by Bob C View Post
                              Absolutely brilliant report & Pictures. Awesome fishing & in Weather that looks just like ours. Seems to me that Iceland has more to offer than Norway. Why freeze your Nuts off to get Fish when you have that sort of Sport in those conditions.
                              Well done & thanks for the the effort put into the Report.
                              Not wanting to get away from original post, but Norway does get some stunning weather in the summer, we have fished in short sleeves plenty of times in 25 degrees, mirror like seas. Both Iceland and Norway are open to the elements good and bad, luck plays a big part in the weather you get!

Comment

WOW Arthur

Great stuff!

Ooh a new vid!

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
                                I AGREE

Comment

Working...
                                X