Catch report "Grace" 03/06/13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Catch report "Grace" 03/06/13

After Sunday's bonanza when everyone caught fish, I expected more of the same as I headed to the happy hunting grounds. I steadily caught fish all day but it wasn't as easy as yesterday and I had to work a lot harder. Slack water seemed to last a very long time but the sun was beating down so off came my fishing jacket and for the first time this year it was T shirt conditions. It was a cracking day to be out and I shared a drift with "Wor Lass" for most of the afternoon. We were like a couple of old wives gossiping over the garden fence and missing bites but there's more to fishing than catching fish. I'm not sure why the fish were a tad shy today but the water is a lot clearer and the gulls were diving so the signs are good.

Never two days alike when boat fishing, it keeps us on our toes. But, a good natter over the gunnel fence and a few fish for good measure with the sun bleaching down, nowt better eh!
    P.B. Cod 30lb-11ozs Balcary.

Comment

It was good to catch up with you Tony and you certainly put us onto the fish with the "offshore" drift. I’ve a couple of pics with you landing some fish which I’ll post tonight when I can get to them.

Comment

Working...
      X