The Cowpen Queen 03/06/13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Cowpen Queen 03/06/13

What a day to be at sea, flat calm with gentle zephyrs all day! Fantastic!
    Micky is off sunning himself in Spain so Arthur (Canman) was a more than able replacement.
    The plan was to branch out and plot a few new wrecks then hard ground later on.
    The first fish of the 2013 season aboard TCQ duly caught by Arthur:

Arthur also caught the second! At last on the third trip off this season I broke my duck and landed this one! Big smiles all around!

The wrecks at best gave one fish each and at one point today we were 16 miles off with the water still pea green!!!Arthur also managed this species, a first for us!

After the wrecking it was in to Creswell skeers and into fish from the off. Great sport on the 6-12 lb gear. Lots of tommies thrown back and a few of the better ones kept for tea.

A cracking day off with the plotter showing 68 miles covered! I wish the water would hurry up an clear so the fuel bill comes down! The plotter showed big bait balls and maybe fish all day on the wrecks but nothing biting!

URL=http://s297.photobucket.com/user/grahambell7/media/IMG_4083.jpg.html][/URL]

Graham.
    Last edited by Graham B; 03-06-2013, 09:14 PM. Reason: Adding Photos

68 miles Graham that has to be a record for the private boats this season; if you told us earlier we could all buy shares in BP before you refuelled.

Well done to you and Arthur finding the fish, I saw Micky last weekend and he’ll be kicking himself at missing out on a good days fishing.

How did the wreck hunting go, have you filled your plotter with marks?

Comment

Great report Graham , the light gear is an excellent way to fish, and Arthur is a dab hand at it...

Comment

Nice one Graham, congrats on your hard fighting pollock, and the invite to fish on board Cowpen Queen. Had a great day and good crack. still feel bad leaving you with the cleaning up,when I had to hurry back for that appointment.
        P.B. Cod 30lb-11ozs Balcary.

Comment

Well done lads,good report and good pics ,things certainly on the up ,just need to keep this settled weather.

Comment

Crikey!! 68 miles, how far is Norway?

Well done lads, glorious day to be afloat.
            Cheers, Keith.

Comment

All these reports from lads off work on a day like this makes you sick
              Nice one lads canny few miles clocked up and to think we all complain at the price of cod these days lol
              Never stops friends saying yi got any spare lol
              Ivan

Fishing is eternal optimism!!!

Comment

Cracking report ad nice to get a full day under your belt, the weather was great today and i was going to go out but after the weekends results opted to do some jobs in the garden as i also had the day off.

You are right about the green sea, it is not the same Algi green we often see more a pea soup green as you say...strange one err
                ................__................................ .............................
                ____[ ~ \_____
                [__On-A-Roll__/
                ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
                P.B
                SKATE 204lb
                COD 51lb
                LING 32lb
                TOPE 40lb
                CONGER 25lb
                HADDOCK 10lb
                HALIBUT 37lb
                COALIE 16lb