Lucy Olivia 03/06/13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lucy Olivia 03/06/13

What a glorious day to be out, first time this year it was nice enough to tempt she who must be obeyed for a look out, the thought of getting her first cod of the year was too tempting!!

Daughter dropped off at school, straight to the marina and out as soon as possible.....well that was the plan any way! After getting fuel, sorting work stuff, replenishing some leads after losing so many on Saturday.... Finally afloat by 10.15, days don't get much better than this, expected to be straight into fish as they must be all over the place by now I thought! plenty of other boats about for company signs were good.

Really slow upto high water, managed one keeper...well I say we.... the boss of course! Decided to try in a bit closer in, I managed one keeper but still very quiet, ebb had now started and that's when the fish started on sat so back to the original patch and straight into fish, again lots of small stuff, mixed in some keepers, nothing bigger than 4lb today, had to be back in by 2.30 to get back for daughter so we left them behind still feeding.

Ended up with 14 keepers. At least half of them taken by the good lady... In my defence I spent most of my time unhooking her fish....
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Codcrazy; 03-06-2013, 07:55 PM. Reason: spelling

Dave, you're on fire at the moment, another good day and SWMBO looks really happy...

Comment

nice day out
      AUDENTES FORTUNA JUVAT

Comment

You jammy git, a nice Boat & a Wife who enjoys fishing. You have it made.
        Canny days fishing too i might add.

Comment

Good days sport nice one couldn't ask for better weather too pleased you enjoyed the day
          Ivan

Fishing is eternal optimism!!!

Comment

Have to say I do realise I'm a lucky boy!! Just need her to learn how tie rigs, unhook fish, get out of snags and not get bored if we go for more than 10mins without a fish..... Not to mention only staying out long enough to mean she doesn't need to use the bucket!!!!

Comment

Well done, that’s a good haul and “The Boss” looks happy too. Looking after your crew is what being a good skipper is all about, even if it means that they spend more time fishing and catch more than you do. That’s my excuse anyway.

Comment

Class report mate, with good results and pics. we've all been there with the wifes bragging rights. Well done to you both.
                P.B. Cod 30lb-11ozs Balcary.

Comment

Working...
                X