"Wor Lass" 3rd June

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Wor Lass" 3rd June

Some days are just too good to go to work on, like today for example. Calm seas, blue skies and fish showing up in the reports made for an opportunity too good to miss.
    Arthur’s wreck was empty of boats, and fish. I tried the hard ground inshore of the can at StMary’s, an area that I’ve done well on at the early part of previous seasons. Fishing was quiet at first until the tide turned to ebb and I was about to head offshore when along came Grace.

Tony mentioned an area that fished well yesterday so I called in there on the way further out. That was it for the day, without needing to go far, first few drops brought small scotchies and tommy codling. Then one or two keepers of about 2.5lb came in.
    The sun shone baking my lug and ragworm to mush and still the fish took it. By the end of the afternoon I’d landed dozens of small fish mixed with a few keeps; all but three went back for next time.
    We both packed up at the same time, unfortunately a mucky lens spoilt what should have been some good photo’s as we headed for home.

nice bit of sport and a "fry" for your tea
    AUDENTES FORTUNA JUVAT

Comment

Looked a cracking day to be out there Kevin, well done on the keepers and the pics look spot on to me..

Comment

Aye too nice to be at work like the rest of us dreaming of next weekend
        A few nice keepers too cracking picture even with the dirty lense
        Ivan

Fishing is eternal optimism!!!

Comment

Good report Kev1n, it was a lovely day to be afloat, and a few fish to boot. Still nowt on my wreck yet Did you loose much gear on it, as it seems to have quite a few snags on it now-a-days.
          P.B. Cod 30lb-11ozs Balcary.

Comment

Originally posted by canman View Post
            Good report Kev1n, it was a lovely day to be afloat, and a few fish to boot. Still nowt on my wreck yet Did you loose much gear on it, as it seems to have quite a few snags on it now-a-days.
            I did lose a bit of gear there Arthur. There is a net or rope caught on the north end of the wreck that could be lifted a few feet off the bottom before stealing the gear.

Comment

What mucky lens ?

Nice one Kev, great to see the fish about

norm
              ]` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` )
              . . ,,,,,,___[ ~ \___
              ,,;;`` [_________/-,......... Norman......... http://slinkykate.com/

Comment

As you said cracking day to be out, interesting to see the fishing improved from the start of the ebb, did the for us today and on sat, no doubt it will be completely different again in a couple of days! Great to see a few fish as well

Comment

Lovely day to be afloat m8, & a few keepers as a bonus. What more could you want?

Comment

I think one of the gulls got caught in the crossfire as the lens was cleaned here in this one

cheers

norm
                    ]` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` )
                    . . ,,,,,,___[ ~ \___
                    ,,;;`` [_________/-,......... Norman......... http://slinkykate.com/

Comment

They’ve polished up nicely Norman, Kate Moss and Elle McPhearson will be commissioning you to work on them next. Is there no end to your talents?

Comment

It was great out there yesterday Kevin. I am going maybe tomorrow again but staying local, no more 68 mile jaunts! Just hope that sea clears and the mackerel turn up before September!

Graham.

Comment

Looking good lads.

Mick.
                          Personal best, 12.5lb Tope Scotland. 22/05/2012.

Comment

Working...
                          X